C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time "Corvettes at Carlisle" attendee

Old 08-17-2012, 02:41 PM
GCRoberts
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default First time "Corvettes at Carlisle" attendee

I'm looking for some basic information on Corvettes at Carlisle. A few weeks ago I e-mailed the address given on their site for additional information but never got a response. Maybe some former attendees here can help me out. I look at the registration list (copied below) and it's a little overwhelming and not clear what you're missing out of if you don't register for certain events. I'll be arriving in a stock 2012 GS vert. I'm guessing the only "showing" I'd be doing with my car is the parade. Does the $30.00 get me into the show..or is that separate. And I'm also curious how the "Corvette parking" works as I saw lots labeled that way on their map.

$70.00 2012 Corvettes at Carlisle Fun Field
$70.00 2012 Corvettes at Carlisle - NCCC Judged Show
$70.00 2012 Corvettes at Carlisle Callaway Reunion
$70.00 2012 Corvettes at 1962 Reunion
$95.00 2012 Corvettes at Carlisle Fun Field
with Friday Diagnostic Session from Paul Koerner
$30.00 2012 Downtown Corvette Parade
Free 2012 Corvettes at Carlisle Burnout Contest
Old 08-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Nd4spd2
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Good question, I'm all ears too...
Old 08-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,402 Likes on 610 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

If you not buy a $70 funfield pass you will have to pay a daily entrance fee to get in. Not sure how much but considerably less than $70. The $70 Funfield pass get you & your car in prime parking and is good for Thursday through Sunday.
The $30 you pay for the parade is for the parade ONLY.
If you just pay a daily entrance fee you will be parked way in the back where most People will never see your car.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:35 PM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

basic entry for the weekend is called fun field..or show field, 70 bucks gets you entry for car and two people thurs thru sun

the others are parking specific, means you park with those groups..they get you in for the weekend as well, just like above only you would park with the nccc for showing your car, and the 62s etc.. the parade is 30 buck additional ...so basically each will get you and a guest in along with your car for the weekend.. if you go to the National events section of the forum and click on carlisle you can post questions there and Lance will more than likely answer your questions when he can...
Old 08-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,910 Likes on 5,325 Posts

Originally Posted by GCRoberts
I'm looking for some basic information on Corvettes at Carlisle. A few weeks ago I e-mailed the address given on their site for additional information but never got a response. Maybe some former attendees here can help me out. I look at the registration list (copied below) and it's a little overwhelming and not clear what you're missing out of if you don't register for certain events. I'll be arriving in a stock 2012 GS vert. I'm guessing the only "showing" I'd be doing with my car is the parade. Does the $30.00 get me into the show..or is that separate. And I'm also curious how the "Corvette parking" works as I saw lots labeled that way on their map.

The free parking on a daily basis is limited based on attendance so you need to get there early to get it. Sometimes the fun field extends all the way through the free parking at the top of the hill so you may end up parking on somebody's lawn and walking to the fair grounds. Closest parking is probably the NCCC Judged Show so it doesn't cost anymore to sign up for it and just leave your car sitting there. I usually drive down on a Saturday and drive back the same day. Get there by 9 and leave at 5+ after the Parade leaves the grounds. There is a lot of stuff to see but most people only have an interest in certain things so if you are like that you can breeze past all the C1, C2, C3 parts vendors. A number of the C5/C6 used parts vendors stopped coming to the show a number of years ago after PA starting enforcing their sales tax rules. Without them being in attendance I have no reason to go anymore. If you are interested in buying a car you may want to stay until Sunday as that is when the deals happen. By Sunday at 1:00 sellers are looking to make any deal they can. I purchased new tires for the cash I had in my pocket one time (not much cash so I got a huge discount) because the guy didn't want to take them back to Alabama with him.

Bill
Old 08-17-2012, 08:58 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Nd4spd2
Good question, I'm all ears too...
Are you coming to the Callaway Reunion?
Old 08-17-2012, 09:21 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by GCRoberts

Okay. The $70 Fun Field Pass gets you prime parking on the showfield (it's just called that, there's no actual judging). The showfield is mostly the level parking area, it's parking on grass with paved rows in between. You can bring a pop up tent and chairs for shade if you park there and it's good for all four days for you and a guest.
You don't plan on showing your car for judging, so forget about the NCCC Judged show, and you don't have a Callaway, so that's moot too, as is the 62 reunion and the diagnostic session (unless you think you'd want that).
If you plan on doing the parade, it's $30 and you register for that at the show.
We've gone for years and we always get the Fun Field Pass. But be advised, parking spots are NOT guaranteed. If you get there later in the day (like 10 or 11) and the weather is really good, you might not get a spot. I advise you to get there by 7 a.m., no later than 9.
There is general Corvette parking in lots up over the hill, but you'll have to hike down the hill and it's a real hike. Or you might get lucky and find a spot off the fairgrounds or in someone's yard for $10 or $20.

Go to www.carlisleevents.com and click on "Corvettes at Carlisle". Click on the event map and see how things are laid out, then decide what you want to do. If you don't have a hotel yet, check www.choicehotels.com or www.daysinn.com . There are plenty of rooms available still as of last night. You'll pay more for close hotels.

As for the "judging", on Saturday, they have Celebrity Judges who go around the showfield and pick their favorite car. They don't crawl underneath your car or check in your glovebox, etc. They just pick out a car that catches their eye and they will mark the car with a sticker if you're picked. Then on Sunday there will be a parade and the trophys awarded, or you can have it mailed to you.

There's plenty of food to eat at the fairgrounds. Everything from pizza to eggs (they serve great breakfasts) to chicken and soup. Anything you can think of. There are tons of vendors too. So bring money, a hat (there is NO shade) and sunblock. And be prepared to have a good time. How can you not??
Old 08-17-2012, 09:31 PM
3GenVettes
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

That's some good info provided above by Z06RL.

Get notified of new replies

To First time "Corvettes at Carlisle" attendee

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First time "Corvettes at Carlisle" attendee