C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shift Knob with switch to control NPP exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 02:32 AM
Steve-O
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Shift **** with switch to control NPP exhaust

As a 2008 coupe owner with npp exhaust, I love the whole concept and enjoy the npp more than any aftermarket exhaust or even electric cutouts,(I have had both).

I was googling the "active exhaust" that comes on the new Jaguar XKR/S and found a post about a shift **** with a switch where your thumb would land to control the npp.(the corvette musuem was offering it). I was curious to see if Jaguar was doing the same as the vette with the vacuum valves.

Then I found a post from LG Motorsports that said they originated the shift **** switch and sell it at $189 with wiring and instructions.

http://www.lgmotorsports.com/The-Man...aust-Switch%29

Has anybody bought this shift **** ?
Old 10-07-2012, 11:50 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

search function on here might help.Talk to this guy.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Dr No
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

In my previous Corvette, I had controlled the mufflers through the Reset button. My replacement Vette already had the "Man ****" installed when I bought it. I prefer the control on the gear shift.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:30 PM
JCtx
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Depending how you shift, it might interfere or not. If not, then you can consider it.... if your car happens to have the only **** they carry. Mine being a CE (Alcantara with red stitching), I was out of luck. But I'm glad I didn't have to make the decision, because prefer the switch where I put it, under the dash, right where it meets the center console. Completely invisible. It's not like you're switching the exhaust every time you shift. And what I didn't like was the switch goes right on the stitching, and the base if flat, and doesn't look OEM on a curved shift ****. And the stratospheric price didn't help . And finally, didn't want to remove the console just for that. But it's certainly unique.

Get notified of new replies

To Shift Knob with switch to control NPP exhaust

Quick Reply: Shift Knob with switch to control NPP exhaust