C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AAA Towing Roadside Assistance Membership sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 05:59 PM
dork
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 143 Posts

Default AAA Towing Roadside Assistance Membership sale

I just signed up for their Premier plan for two members (includes my wife). The towing provision allows for 100-mile tows, with a single 200-mile tow once per calendar year per member. The usual price for this package is $145/year, but they're having a "sale" and it was reduced to $115 for one year. I assume it'll go back to $145 next year.

I only found this sale by calling. (1-888-AAA-CLUB) It is not available on their website. I was quoted $113 for one person (no mention of a sale) and the discussion went automatically to a 'two-member' membership when I was told that a household didn't qualify as a membership, so I don't know if there's a break available for the single-member $113 rate.

A 200-mile tow would get most folks out of a jam; in my case I measured the cost against a multiple night stay away from home if stranded at my usual weekly 'local' excursions. There's still places in west Texas that could test this package, but I'd be 200 miles closer to somewhere.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:20 PM
RO55
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had AAA for many years and thankfully have not had to use it too often but when I did it's very convenient. I've found that in what it saves me in booking my hotel stays throughout the year it makes the membership very cheap.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:33 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

And piece of mind when traveling.
Originally Posted by RO55
I've had AAA for many years and thankfully have not had to use it too often but when I did it's very convenient. I've found that in what it saves me in booking my hotel stays throughout the year it makes the membership very cheap.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Mine costs me $20 a year for both cars with my auto insurance. Had to use it 4 years ago with my wife's car. Towed her car 15 miles to our hometown dealership.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:59 PM
myfunz
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Don't break down on the 4th of July! I remember driving my C4 and stopping to get a bite returning to find out the car won't start, 6:00 PM called AAA an hour and half later the guy shows up and tried to jump it with with that box, no luck. He could not load it on to his flat bed because it was the wrong type of flatbed for my car? I had to call back AAA again to get the proper flatbed. They must of had a shift change and lost my initially information. Now as the fireworks are going off over my head around 8:30 PM and no truck, I try to start her again the car starts, I pull out of the parking lot and got a call from AAA is the truck there yet?

This has happened more than once with AAA the last time I got my wife to bring me jumper cables to get my DD going faster than the AAA responded.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Ive had it for over 2 years and used the 200 mile tow once and the 100 mile tow 3 times
Its been great every time. Not needed for our GS yet though. Had both my Trans Ams towed and my daughters boyfriends Mazda towed from Gatlinburg Tn to Greenville SC it was great. It does take them a long time to get to you.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:28 PM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

You might want to try this

http://rvservices.koa.com/rvresources/rvroadhelp/

Had them for years and used them more than once with great service. They'll tow (flatbed) whatever you're driving or riding to wherever you have to go to get repaired, car, RV, rental, motorcycle, whatever.

Get notified of new replies

To AAA Towing Roadside Assistance Membership sale

Quick Reply: AAA Towing Roadside Assistance Membership sale