C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What Color 427 Vert do you have
Artic White
33.02%
Blade Silver Metallic
4.72%
Inferno Orange Metallic
2.83%
Black
16.98%
Velocity Yellow Tintcoat
3.77%
Cyber Gray Metallic
7.55%
Torch Red
8.49%
Crystal Red Metallic
10.38%
Supersonic Blue
0.94%
Night Race Blue
11.32%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

427 Convertible Registry, Color Poll, and Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 08:18 PM
Old Boot
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine are hooks
Old 03-14-2014, 08:48 PM
Fuele
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust filler panel

Originally Posted by CO YGOSLOW
I've posted this in the general discussion thread with no luck...I'm considering an exhaust filler panel to cover up the NPP levers and the very noticeable cans. One of the models is an ACC product that Corvette Mods sells that is painted body color. Does anyone have a cyber gray exhaust filler panel on their 427? Not going to drop $450 if there is not enough color contrast between the CG and black bumper.

Thx...Dave
Dave, I recently purchased/installed (on my 427 vert) the black exhaust filler panel from corvette mods. Not the colorful one, but the one that cost 189. It does the job, match's the black color of the rear valance, fills the void around exhaust tips and covers up the mechanics of the NPP exhaust valving. Corvette mods has pictures of this filler panel.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Fuele; 03-14-2014 at 08:56 PM. Reason: add photo
Old 03-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Njja
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone have the Weather Tech floor mats?
Old 03-14-2014, 09:05 PM
Fuele
Instructor

Originally Posted by Njja
Anyone have the Weather Tech floor mats?
I purchased the Weather Tech floor liners (cost a little more than the mats) for my 427 vert. They fit perfectly and the attachment is Hook.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:32 PM
CO YGOSLOW
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Fuele
Dave, I recently purchased/installed (on my 427 vert) the black exhaust filler panel from corvette mods. Not the colorful one, but the one that cost 189. It does the job, match's the black color of the rear valance, fills the void around exhaust tips and covers up the mechanics of the NPP exhaust valving. Corvette mods has pictures of this filler panel.
That's my 2nd choice (the one with the chrome trim). Was hoping to see a CG b4 I commit...thx
Old 03-14-2014, 10:41 PM
Njja
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

I purchased the Weather Tech floor liners (cost a little more than the mats) for my 427 vert. They fit perfectly and the attachment is Hook.
Thank you very much for the info! I ordered mine tonight, I must say I am really enjoying my 427.

I bought the indoor/outdoor cover from my Chevy Dealer it is very nice
with the 427 Logo on both the cover & the cover bag.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:11 AM
mrmajik
Heel & Toe

mrmajik 1585

Last edited by johnodrake; 03-17-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:39 AM
red4twenty7
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 13 Posts

That looks much better than I pictured it would look, might have to get one for my red rocket, did it go on easy?
Old 03-15-2014, 12:40 PM
funz06
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by red4twenty7
That looks much better than I pictured it would look, might have to get one for my red rocket, did it go on easy?
You guys kill me----you find more ways to spend money on these cars.............did you see part #9883, the laser mesh in colors to match?
Old 03-15-2014, 01:17 PM
CO YGOSLOW
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by yellow427
You guys kill me----you find more ways to spend money on these cars.............did you see part #9883, the laser mesh in colors to match?
Great lead in to my CG pic request
Old 03-15-2014, 01:34 PM
red4twenty7
Pro

Yeah and I bet you are right there with us my friend?
Did you see the color matched engine components In yellow?
Old 03-15-2014, 02:25 PM
funz06
Drifting

Originally Posted by red4twenty7
Yeah and I bet you are right there with us my friend?
Did you see the color matched engine components In yellow?
On one of my prior cars I got some matching engine cover parts. On this, to date, we have the following:
* 3M clear plastic
* Apsis splash guards
* 427 rear license plate (which is just OK)
* removable front license plate bracket (no glue; no drilling)
* vanity license plate
* cross flag nut covers for the license plate nuts
* took out the perfectly good 427 carpets that came with the Heritage Package and replaced them with 60TH carpets
* a new 427 emblazoned console cover with velocity yellow stitching
* mild-to-wild exhaust switch
* 60th anniversary trunk cargo carpet
* 60th anniversary trunk liner
* 60th emblems for the front side exteriors
* velocity yellow hats, visors; t-shirts, polo shirts, rain jacket, I-Pod cover, several other 60th or 427 t-shirts, 3 pairs of sneakers with yellow in them to match the car and shirts
* Velocity yellow instrument panel cover
* velocity yellow bezel covers for the interior door bezels
* arm rest pads with velocity yellow stitching
* clear plastic kick guards for the doors
* extra cup holders for both the driver and passenger sides

That is all I can remember off the top of my head.....considering doing the following:

* Now a stupid exhaust filler
* painting the 'corvette' on the rear panel black to match the roof and trim
* looking for black lug nut covers with 427 on them
* looking for black tire air stem valve covers with 427 on them

And none of this includes the half dozen special rim and tire washing brushes and cleaners; wash buckets; Zaino polish; special polish-on; polish-off towels. And, to save my back, a stool with wheels so I can really make the most of cleaning my rims and wheels. Yes, I also buy every stupid velocity yellow model corvette car I see.........then my 3 year old grandson takes them home when I am not looking, so I have to buy more.......

I think if the winters were shorter and I could drive the car more, I wouldn't have all this time to think of ways to spend money on the car. I could spend it on gas driving the car instead.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:32 PM
Yetiman
Advanced

I had to show my wife your post it sounds like me to the letter, she had a good laugh.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:36 PM
funz06
Drifting

Originally Posted by Yetiman
I had to show my wife your post it sounds like me to the letter, she had a good laugh.
And of course we also have the yellow folding chair in the trunk for cruise nights; a yellow corvette blanket and yellow cooler pack are also in the trunk...................
Old 03-15-2014, 02:46 PM
Yetiman
Advanced

And of course we also have the yellow folding chair in the trunk for cruise nights; a yellow corvette blanket and yellow cooler pack are also in the trunk...................
Its a sickness we should start a support group.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:54 PM
red4twenty7
Pro

On one of my prior cars I got some matching engine cover parts. On this, to date, we have the following:
* 3M clear plastic
* Apsis splash guards
* 427 rear license plate (which is just OK)
* removable front license plate bracket (no glue; no drilling)
* vanity license plate
* cross flag nut covers for the license plate nuts
* took out the perfectly good 427 carpets that came with the Heritage Package and replaced them with 60TH carpets
* a new 427 emblazoned console cover with velocity yellow stitching
* mild-to-wild exhaust switch
* 60th anniversary trunk cargo carpet
* 60th anniversary trunk liner
* 60th emblems for the front side exteriors
* velocity yellow hats, visors; t-shirts, polo shirts, rain jacket, I-Pod cover, several other 60th or 427 t-shirts, 3 pairs of sneakers with yellow in them to match the car and shirts
* Velocity yellow instrument panel cover
* velocity yellow bezel covers for the interior door bezels
* arm rest pads with velocity yellow stitching
* clear plastic kick guards for the doors
* extra cup holders for both the driver and passenger sides

That is all I can remember off the top of my head.....considering doing the following:

* Now a stupid exhaust filler
* painting the 'corvette' on the rear panel black to match the roof and trim
* looking for black lug nut covers with 427 on them
* looking for black tire air stem valve covers with 427 on them

And none of this includes the half dozen special rim and tire washing brushes and cleaners; wash buckets; Zaino polish; special polish-on; polish-off towels. And, to save my back, a stool with wheels so I can really make the most of cleaning my rims and wheels. Yes, I also buy every stupid velocity yellow model corvette car I see.........then my 3 year old grandson takes them home when I am not looking, so I have to buy more.......

I think if the winters were shorter and I could drive the car more, I wouldn't have all this time to think of ways to spend money on the car. I could spend it on gas driving the car instead.
That is one hell of a list, I have only had mine since last October, if my wife sees your list of add-ons, I may come home from work one day and there will be a for sale on it.
You actually may be worse then me, that is the problem when you live in a northern climate you have time not spent driving to look for s$&$ to add to it.
I guess corvette ownership is like a crack addict, always needing more.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Old Boot
Pro

OK fist off YAYAYA I know the picture on my post is a GS and not a 427. But trust me I just traded the GS on a 1SC White and Blue 60th anniversary (Vin2010). I was looking at anouther post and saw someone ask about after market exhaust. ( I did put the Borla Type2 S on my GS ). I was woundering what the advantage was for the 427? AM I correct, I thought the 427 had the same as the ZR1 exhaust? I would think this is already less restictive. Also the NPP isnt it standard on all 427s (It has such a mean throaty sound already ). So am I missing somthing or not. please chime in and edumacate me!

Get notified of new replies

To 427 Convertible Registry, Color Poll, and Discussion

Old 03-16-2014, 12:15 PM
CO YGOSLOW
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Old Boot
OK fist off YAYAYA I know the picture on my post is a GS and not a 427. But trust me I just traded the GS on a 1SC White and Blue 60th anniversary (Vin2010). I was looking at anouther post and saw someone ask about after market exhaust. ( I did put the Borla Type2 S on my GS ). I was woundering what the advantage was for the 427? AM I correct, I thought the 427 had the same as the ZR1 exhaust? I would think this is already less restictive. Also the NPP isnt it standard on all 427s (It has such a mean throaty sound already ). So am I missing somthing or not. please chime in and edumacate me!
I've got Borla's on my C5 and love the 427s NPP sound just as much. I have the Mild2Wild Exh Comdr and keep it toggled on always when I drive.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Old Boot
Pro

Changed my Avitar (not easy LOL) Now it reflects my new ride
Old 03-16-2014, 01:30 PM
red4twenty7
Pro

Changed my Avitar (not easy LOL) Now it reflects my new ride
Nice new ride, congrats.
I had the NPP exhaust on my 08-LS3 and I think it does sound a little better on my 427, I see no reason to switch it out for an aftermarket system, it has that nice 60's rumble to me and with a switch when the wife is with me I can quiet it down, I myself keep it open when it is just me driving.

Quick Reply: 427 Convertible Registry, Color Poll, and Discussion