C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 corvette bluetooth/wheel controls in 2008

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 10:47 AM
thyshallsmite
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2009 corvette bluetooth/wheel controls in 2008

Anyone know how hard it is to swap everything over? can you just plug everything in and away you go, or is it a bit more complicated then that.

Also might be getting back into a corvette been missing my corvette badly but came into a little money and friend's health is improving, god i've missing driving a corvette lol.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:27 AM
TJay74
Safety Car

Received 328 Likes on 213 Posts

Going to be almost impossible to do it with factory equipment. The BT is built into the Onstar Module, would require you to get a factory BT module then have it paired to the car. Only bad is GM will not sell the module to VIN that didnt come with them and it is a nightmare to get Onstar to sync the module as well.

At one point Chris White (ex GM engineer) was able to convert them over, I dont know if he is still doing them or not.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:07 PM
thyshallsmite
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TJay74
Going to be almost impossible to do it with factory equipment. The BT is built into the Onstar Module, would require you to get a factory BT module then have it paired to the car. Only bad is GM will not sell the module to VIN that didnt come with them and it is a nightmare to get Onstar to sync the module as well.

At one point Chris White (ex GM engineer) was able to convert them over, I dont know if he is still doing them or not.
Bummer, what about 2009 lt1 to a lt2?
Old 11-30-2012, 03:52 PM
TJay74
Safety Car

That I am not sure about, in theory I would think the onstar module would already have the Bt function you would just be short the steering wheel, but it has been a bit since I researched it any.

When I had my 2009.5 G8 GXP that was a sore spot with alot of G8 owners, GM's factory paperwork said the 2008+ G8 would have BT from the factory, well there was a strike at one of the plants so the modules were out of stock and didnt get installed into most GM cars until mid modle run of 2009, so only the G8 GXP's and a very limited few G8 GT's got the BT options.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:53 PM
TJay74
Safety Car

Here is his site, might try contacting him for help.

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/ind...mart&Itemid=54
Old 11-30-2012, 04:33 PM
TAL
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TJay74
Here is his site, might try contacting him for help.

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/ind...mart&Itemid=54
I emailed them earlier this year and got this response:

Unfortunately at this time we do not.

White Automotive & Media Services
sales@whiteautoandmedia.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any accompanying data are confidential, and intended only for the named recipient(s). You are hereby notified that the dissemination, distribution, and or copying of this message and any information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender at the email address above, delete this email from your computer, and destroy any copies in any form immediately

I have been looking into this and you cannot add Bluetooth to the car.

However; I have been thinking...can we add the Bluetooth steering wheel controls to the 1LT/2008 C6? Hook those into the OnStar module and then have the BlueStar/Costar module installed.

Would be very similar to the facory setup.

I talked to Chris at Costar and he doesn't know if this will work.

http://www.costartech.com/pb/products/bluestar.html
Old 11-30-2012, 11:06 PM
TJay74
Safety Car

GM made it really difficult, alot of the G8 owners were doing everything they could to get BT installed in their cars and GM caught into what they were doing to circumvent the issue and closed the loop hole.

Get notified of new replies

To 2009 corvette bluetooth/wheel controls in 2008

Quick Reply: 2009 corvette bluetooth/wheel controls in 2008