C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subpar customer service

Old 12-11-2012, 11:28 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Not trying to jump on OP's case, but looking back at your first post/first thread (http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...post1576919713) you talk about dead battery, and how you go out and start the car once a week. As JimTN said in the second post on the thread, that's not the way to keep the car charged. So, at least from the start (of your tenure on CF) you were already doing things that weren't conducive to the car being in top shape.

In addition, you live in a complex where it sounds like it's not possible to hook up a maintainer of any kind, and weather conditions prevent you from driving the car part of the year.

Now, you're at a dealer somewhere (no name so one can only guess it's nearby) and complaining that they are performing badly because they won't service your car which has a bad battery. Mainly because they probably can't do the proper service/analysis on it as per above comments from others.

As far as I can tell, it would be better for you and your dealership experience if you asked questions * (both on here as well as a dealer) instead of expecting things to happen that were beyond your current knowledge level. That way you can learn and have a good dealership experience. And possibly have your car problems resolved.

* Such as, "I was at the dealership for the dbs (even tho my car's seven years old), and they said they can't work on my car since it has a marginal battery. Is this BS regarding a working battery in the car? Or should I pay them their requested $250 for a new battery?"
Old 12-11-2012, 11:43 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,341 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Al1969;1582535442[B
]"you have to start the care more often" [/B]I realize the car is 7 years old but I'd expect much better customer service and a true commitment to address my problems and concerns. In my opinion not a way to ensure repeat business and foster brand loyalty.
I, too, have a 2005. Mine has 40k miles and yes, I have had a couple dead batteries. Each time deservedly so.
But the dealer comment? Spot on. Either drive it or put a tender on it. These things suck a lot of juice just sitting.
Dealer service? What would you like, a free battery? Gee, sir, we are really sorry but here are the keys to a new vette? $250 is a bit much but they are in business to make money.
Sorry for my pissy attitude but drive it, put a tender on it, or expect dead a battery...and not neccessarily DBS.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:29 PM
donzi1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tqracr
I had issues with Courtesy Chev in Toronto Canada when I bouht my 08 vert. My 6th vette
Even though GM customer service agreed with my issues at three different levels they could NOT make the dealer do the right thing.
They said I should have the equipment that comes with this car.
The issues were:
1 A 150 point inspection that overlooked the fact that the key fob was not programmed but it still passed? The memory systems did not work.They refused to give me a copy of the inspection.What else was bogus?
2 Only 1 emergency key, even though we have 2 drivers
3 1 key fob that was broken, so it could not even hold a key if I had one.
4 The inner fender that was broken when they adjusted the front air dam
5 They will not give me a copy of the oil and diff change I asked to have done so I can confirm it was done with the correct fluids.
What I wanted was a new fob, key,and the inner fender I bought and installed along with the work orders ($275.00)
GM customer service is a lame duck.
By the way I have $100,000 dollars of their product sitting in my driveway at this moment.
In retrospect I should have returned it the next day. I am sorry I did not.
They say buy from a GM dealer and get a Optima used car.
BULL !

Take the 27 up to Leggat and get the same crappy service...Ed
Old 12-11-2012, 02:57 PM
nortony68
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

careful what you write denigrating the marque; you'll get called a troll, smammer, a "Z" car guy etc. Like others have said, your car is seven years old with low mileage, put the new battery in and find another dealer. Obviously, there are good ones and sh--heads
Old 12-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Ketchum
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once again its easy to check for excessive draw. Here is one set of instructions to test for parasitic draw. There are many instructions including YOUTUBE videos on how to check.http://www.flashoffroad.com/electric...teryDrain.html

Last edited by Ketchum; 12-11-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:38 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Top_Fuel
Just something to think about because you have an Optima battery...

AGM (Optima) batteries require a specific recharging method if they get run down. You will be highly frustrated if you try to restore a discharged Optima using a 2 amp battery maintainer.

A significant percentage of "bad" Optima batteries are actually OK...they just need to be properly charged with the correct AGM charger. HERE is a link to a Hot Rod article about this topic.
Thanks for the information. I now know how to charge a really discharged Optima.

Last edited by VET4LES; 12-11-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:38 PM
ADIBELC6
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in discussing dbs some items need to be checked number 1 has the door lock receiver reflash been done ? number 2 draw is in milliamps the higher the number the faster the draw do a draw test number 3 the modules do not sleep until appr 20-40 minutes after final door close,so lets say after a week of sitting state of health on the battery is 80 percent capacity or so. the vehicle is started let run a few minutes,and than shut off the battery does not go to near 100 percent state of health and with the modules staying "awake" for appr 20 -40 minutes draw will bring battery state of health to a probable no start.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Subpar customer service