C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center Console Illumination Power Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 06:02 PM
cyber-vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Center Console Illumination Power Question

I have a 2011 GS and was going to install a led to light the cup holders but I found that the Grey and Black Wire used by the TC switch has a constant 9.5v even with the engine off, Headlights off and the interior lights off. When the headlights are turned on I see 12v to the Grey and Black Wire. I am worried about the LED always drawing power from the battery. I would like to find a power source that comes on with the console lights but does not have constant power.

Thanks.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:30 PM
vig1116
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

well, what else do you have near there? Heated seats? Radio? The fuse box under passenger carpet is close also. Taking the radio bezel off is easy as pie so it shouldn't be hard to find an acc power....
Old 12-17-2012, 09:37 AM
cyber-vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran into this power issue before when I added LED lights to the doors. The power for the Illuminated lights shows 9.5v with lights off. If the car sits for weeks I fear the battery will get too low with this constant draw. I went ahead and connected to the TC power anyway last night.

Thanks,
Old 12-17-2012, 09:50 AM
vig1116
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

my led map lights stay very dimly lit after shutdown too, i was told the drain is so minimal it was not a big deal. So far no problems from the drain. Now an led strip may be different but if you have a tender or ctek i would plug it in once in a while if the car hasnt been used and see how long to full charge (green on the ctek, i use the ctek 3300 and love it) good luck, and if you have a pic i would love to see how it looks, maybe i'll do the same when bored....

Get notified of new replies

To Center Console Illumination Power Question

Quick Reply: Center Console Illumination Power Question