C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid Cyber Grey question

Old 01-19-2013, 02:25 AM
Z06LUST
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default Stupid Cyber Grey question

I realy hate color questions--everyone sees color differently... and thus highly personal.

My prior Vettes (2 C5Z, C6Z, C6GS) have always been BRIGHT..Torch Red, Yellow, LeMans Blue with stripes (04 Z06 LeMans edition).

BUT everytime I see a Cyber Grey it draws my eye a bit...I look upon it as a more sophosicated (spelling?) color.... my time with the color has obviously been short--seeing it on Corvette runs, some shows etc.

So Cyber Grey owners-- long term...any regrets? Does it grow boring over time? Too sedate? Polished up does it 'pop'?

I'll look at it again tomorrow under daylight but thought I'd throw this out tonight. Oh, the car (for sale) in question is a CG Z06, chrome spyders, red brakes with a touch of accent on the hood (red 427 badge).

I've been looking for VY but this just caught my eye.

Last edited by Z06LUST; 01-19-2013 at 02:42 AM. Reason: can't type and spell at the same time
Old 01-19-2013, 02:34 AM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,069 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

CB really pops in the sunlight my friend bought a 2012 gs in Cb and it looks great. I presently own a CRM 08 vert and put a deposit on a C7 and leaning towards CB for my C7 just waiting to see it in person.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:26 AM
C7 BOB
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 44 Posts

I had a 2003 Spiral Gray C5, and it was really sparkly. It was fantastic in any light. I was going to get a 2012 Cyber Gray C6 - in all the pictures I saw it looked sparkly. But, when I saw it in person I was disappointed. In bright light there was little sparkle. And, it was darker than I thought, and would show dirt. I bought a SSB C6 and it hardly shows any dirt. This is after a 3500 mile trip home to CA from KY.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:54 AM
JLB768
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I like CG, but ended up going with SSB. Under bright sun, SSB looks CG. Best of both worlds?
Old 01-19-2013, 05:55 AM
plmkrzy
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JLB768
I like CG, but ended up going with SSB. Under bright sun, SSB looks CG. Best of both worlds?
Old 01-19-2013, 06:27 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

We recently purchased a 2011 Cyber Gray Grand Sport Callaway convertible. One reason we wanted it...in addition to it being a Callaway...was the Cyber Gray color. It is gorgeous, especially in the sun when you can see tiny blue flecks in the paint. It is very metallic so shows beautifully in the sun. Looks great at any time. Yes, I would say it is sophisticated, and we're very happy with our choice.

Elaine
Old 01-19-2013, 06:40 AM
bankr
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Purchased a 2009 CG base model a year ago Sept. We love it. A couple coats of Zaino and let me tell you, it shines and gives it that wet look. A somewhat darker color at night but in the bright sunlight, the thing sparkles. Love the blue flecks. We sold our C5 in Mellinium Yellow and thought we wanted another bright color but opted for this instead. No regrets......
Old 01-19-2013, 06:44 AM
lmello211
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Imo

cyber gray is a sharp color but it's pretty dark and would require almost as much work as black. i looked at one but it shows every scratch. wish they offered a bit lighter gray.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:25 AM
3GenVettes
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Color is very important to me, and it is always one of my tough decisions. Your list of color choices that you have made certainly speaks to your preferences. In my case, like yourself, I also had an 04 Commemorative Z06 (Leman's Blue with strilpes), it was the vette that I replaced when I got my 09 Cyber Gray coupe. I had the 09 CG for just shy of 3 yrs, and I replaced it with an '11 Grand Sport in Crystal Red Metallic. So I had the Cyber Gray in between two cars that would say both had more of a show factor than the CG.

I loved the Cyber Gray, and I ordered that car sight unseen in '08 pre-production of any CG cars from only a color chip. When the car arrived, I was not at all disappointed. I would definitely consider CG as a richer upscale color, and I found it to be very easy to maintain. However, at a stoplight in traffic, IMO it did not stand out from the cars around it like the either of the cars that I had before or after it. Cyber Gray looks very sharp on its own, parked in the driveway, and shows very nicely at a cruise, but on the road it blends into traffic which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Others may view it differently, but coming from brighter cars both and after Cyber Gray, that is my perspective on the color.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:44 AM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

I have had a number of colors but for me overall, CG has been the best. The metallic really pops in the sunlight. Nowhere near as hard to keep clean looking as others may suspect. Does not show dirt much at all. When freshly washed and waxed and in the sun I think you'll agree. As someone else said it does not stand out in traffic and that is a good thing.
Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2013, 07:49 AM
CyberGrayGS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GS Diva
We recently purchased a 2011 Cyber Gray Grand Sport Callaway convertible. One reason we wanted it...in addition to it being a Callaway...was the Cyber Gray color. It is gorgeous, especially in the sun when you can see tiny blue flecks in the paint. It is very metallic so shows beautifully in the sun. Looks great at any time. Yes, I would say it is sophisticated, and we're very happy with our choice.

Elaine
Old 01-19-2013, 07:55 AM
e6fmf
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cyber Gray

You want a stealthy look? CG with gunmetal color wheels instead of chrome. Tinted windows.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:00 AM
GTJim
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by lmello211
cyber gray is a sharp color but it's pretty dark and would require almost as much work as black. i looked at one but it shows every scratch. wish they offered a bit lighter gray.
As an owner of a Cyber Grey 2009 Z06 I disagree with this statement.

Cyber Grey is much easier to care for than a black car and does not show scratches easily. The car you looked and must not have been taken care of. It's a beautiful color that is easy to care for and really pops in the sun.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:44 AM
HD_Rider
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

When I was back in the market for a C6 purchase, my primary requirement was that it be a Grand Sport. My second requirement? That it'd be Cyber Gray.

To me, the CG looks refined, sleek, high-tech. My car is a world-class sports car, not a muscle car, not a hot rod, not a ricer. As such, no bright colors for me, especially those hideous skittle candy colors.

When I got the car home, I clay-barred it and then put several coats of Zaino on it. I swear, even when dry, this car looks wet. And matching wheels just look that much better.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:13 AM
cpmatthew
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a CG '12 GS with the Comp Grey wheels. The colors are so similar that people think I had the wheels painted aftermarket to match the paint. I love the blue and purple that comes out of the CG in the sun and with some polish and a good sealant/wax it really pops.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Gman in NC
Melting Slicks

Received 136 Likes on 75 Posts

As our cars develop more European style the European colors seem to follow, gray, silver, white and black. Good ,non tireing colors though.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:36 AM
kevakasper
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 C4 of the Year Finalist
No-IL Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I had a black c6 coupe and used to joke that black wasn't a color but a career. My CG '11 GS is so much easier to maintain. It hides the dust and looks clean even dirty. As nice as my '06 black car was my '11 has garnered more compliments.
In the direct light the blues,greens,and purples really pop. One of the best colors in my opinion.

Get notified of new replies

To Stupid Cyber Grey question

Old 01-19-2013, 09:46 AM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,557 Likes on 1,639 Posts

I recently looked over a brand new 2013 Cyber Grey GS in the local Chevrolet showroom. I didn't like it, thought it looked "dull". However, that could have been the poor lighting in the showroom, so I guess I would hold off any final opinion until I got a chance to check it out in the sunlight...
Old 01-19-2013, 10:21 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverblue
I recently looked over a brand new 2013 Cyber Grey GS in the local Chevrolet showroom. I didn't like it, thought it looked "dull". However, that could have been the poor lighting in the showroom, so I guess I would hold off any final opinion until I got a chance to check it out in the sunlight...
That definitely was the lighting. It is a fantastic, highly metallic color that is very hard to capture on film or appreciate if not outside.

I disagree with those who say it is as difficult to maintain as a black one. That is definitely not so. It doesn't show the dirt, dust or scratches like black. It is definitely a color that I would recommend, and my husband and I have had many Corvettes. Another of my favorites is the Daytona Sunset Orange that is not available anymore. Different class than the Cyber Gray.

Go with your first choice...Cyber Gray!

Elaine
Old 01-19-2013, 10:43 AM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,066 Likes on 591 Posts

I don't have a Cyber Grey Vette, but, I did own a Pewter C5. Now I can tell you CG, like Pewter, is a much easier color to maintain and having seen it many times, it really pops in the sun! My advice to you would be to go with it. Remember, most dirt and dust is grey so it doesn't show up as fast on CG.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stupid Cyber Grey question