C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 exaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Joe B.
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Those are small resonators similar to what Corsa has on their touring exhaust. I had a set installed on my '11 w/o issue. I can now run in 6th on the highway w/o cabin drone.
You had these retrofitted to your '11 to help reduce drone? They are cats, not resonators, I believe.
Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2013, 11:28 PM
JCtx
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe B.
They are cats, not resonators, I believe.
Absolutely correct. Plus you never see resonators covered with heat shields. And no, no extra sensors or anything; they were just added in 2012, to the existing 2 cats by the exhaust manifold, and the 2 mufflers a the rear. Tuning is identical; very minor difference in back pressure, if at all. But besides saving 8 lbs (yes, I weighed both ), saved a lot of extra heat in the tunnel as well. And yes again, exhaust sound is a bit louder with valves open now. I noticed it, but not by much. I figured I now have my advertised 436 HP back .

Finally, I just put a manual switch for my NPP, which along with an 'add-a-fuse' and appropriate wire (from Radio Shack), cost me around $20. To me this is the best solution. I can reach under the dash in a fraction of a second to switch modes, and it's invisible. And nothing can go wrong . Plus have 3 garage doors programmed, so not an option for me. Nor do I like it . Good luck OP.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:54 AM
Bob86gn
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I put a M2W switch on my Z06, realized I never have the flaps closed. Saved the aggravation and just pulled the fuse on my 427 Convertible.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Joe B.
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

ELP_JC, thanks, I will be swapping out the mid-pipe section on my '12 for an earlier one. Less heat if nothing else. The extra cats can't be very restrictive as there was no change in power numbers for '12. Haven't seen this topic discussed before and was wondering if it was a drop in. How did this thread morph into a MTW one of which there are dozens.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:28 AM
AddisonD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

... How did this thread morph into a MTW one of which there are dozens.
It is my fault. There is a comment made above regarding the M2W and NPP effects. I asked a question because I wanted to clarify for my purpose what was effecting the sounds, as well as the performance, as we discussed exhaust flow components.

(I think there could be at least a day-long class on all the exhaust topics for these cars.)
Old 01-25-2013, 04:51 PM
C5-JIM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ELP_JC, thanks, I will be swapping out the mid-pipe section on my '12 for an earlier one. Less heat if nothing else. The extra cats can't be very restrictive as there was no change in power numbers for '12. Haven't seen this topic discussed before and was wondering if it was a drop in. How did this thread morph into a MTW one of which there are dozens.
I started the thread and all I wanted to know if they were cats or mufflers. Boy did this get sidetracked. I will be swapping out also.
C5-JIM
Old 01-25-2013, 08:41 PM
jke_mn
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm multitasking! Reading two different topics in the same thread
Old 01-25-2013, 11:13 PM
Rob 99
I'm "Apache" a psycho dog
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by C5-JIM
I started the thread and all I wanted to know if they were cats or mufflers. Boy did this get sidetracked. I will be swapping out also.
C5-JIM
Anyone know if a '11 piece isn't avail are there aftermarket X pipes that would drop right in?

Quick Reply: 2013 exaust