C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lowering bolts SHOT

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 PM
ramzc6vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LFZ
Yep...been there...don't that.
Yep x2
Old 02-19-2013, 10:38 PM
HANNY
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by chets ls3
Mine looked like that. Buy hardbar lowering bolts. Seem to be better. Only downfall you have to lube them up well.
sucks dont it:smash:
Originally Posted by AORoads
well, if it's not the vendors' fault, then it must be the manufacturers' fault---that's assuming (correctly, I presume) that you're not doing something wrong in the installation.

so, wouldn't it be helpful to either mention the manufacturer or the vendors---not to criticize them as vendors, but to warn others that the lowering kits don't seem to last? unless you think you've already done that by saying any you buy, other than hardbar which you haven't tried, won't last.
its a manufactor issue for sure, i bought some from wcc & parts taxi if my memory serves me well. They arent the issue its just that they sell the crap bolts that dont last at all
Originally Posted by switchblade six
Does this only happen in the rear...I want to lower as well and am aware of this issue so was going to cut a rib on stock...the rear has twice the rubber surface area so they must be under much more stress
Originally Posted by SuperchargedStroker

awesome idea i may try that!!!!

I GOT TIRED OF BUYING PINS OVER AND OVER. I MADE THESE OUT OF SELF LUBRICATING UHMW. CHEAP AND NON WEARING. I have had my post taken down previously as they thought I was selling them and IM not a vendor. I am not selling them, just offering suggestion. Caps that go on the facotry pins, they have been on my car for 4 months and no wear thus far. Daily Driver too.
Screw paying up to $40+ a set. And to buy the Delrin ones, seriously this was way easier and alot cheaper and super easy to replace. I just pop the new one on when it wears.. Oh wait.. It hasnt.. LOL
Originally Posted by switchblade six
GM and Vendoers listen up!!!
i love this idea bigtime!!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Chets LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Details on them.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:00 PM
SuperchargedStroker
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys! Appreciate the approval. I am looking at making some more as long as these hold up. So far they held up good. I am looking at pulling them this week or next to take another look. I will definitely keep you in the loop.
I kept the profile low, I keep my car dropped so that was important. No squeaks yet btw, people have asked.. I dabbed some marine grease on to get the party started on them but not enought to cause test alteration. These are made of impregnated UHMW so no need to over kill. Kinda like an oil lite (impregnated bushings) if you will only in plastic form.
If you have interest as some of you do, PM me. I got in trouble as the forum thought I was selling these as a non paying vendor which, was not accurate. Im just some automation guy who saw a better method and since it works, its nice to show em off as simple as they are.

Quick Reply: lowering bolts SHOT