C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuse Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 11:28 AM
VetteTico
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse Question

I've been having Service Active Handling messages lately. The dealer repaired an MAF sensor that was cracked (and needed to be replaced) but I have still gotten the SAH messages since then. I did a couple of things on my own - like zip tieing the steering column wire with some extra slack in addition to the orange recall clip.

This morning I pulled the fuse associated with the column lock in the BCM and noticed it had some gunk on it (pic below). When I put it back in so I could run to the store for new fuses I immediately got a "Service Column Lock" message on the DIC. I had not had that message for months (after I installed the COH bypass) and shortly thereafter I got the SAH message.

My question is, when I install the new fuse is there anything I can do to clean the inside of the BCM plug where the fuse will go? Is it beneficial to put a little WD-40 or diaelectric grease when putting the new fuse in? Thanks in advance - going to wash the car, will check responses in a few.

Name:  fFMd2vU.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  534.3 KB
Old 03-26-2013, 03:03 PM
VetteTico
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just in case it helps I'll post an update:

The reason I checked the column lock fuse in the BCM is because I noticed the orange security lock light would come up a second before the Service Active Handling messages. Although the fuse wasn't blown it looked a little dirty (and not horribly dirty either).

After replacing the column lock fuse with a new one I have had zero problems over the last ten days. Previously, the codes would throw every 5 starts or so. I hope that does it for my SAH issues! I replaced a lot of the other fuses in the BCM too while I was at it. Total cost was ~$8-10.

(and fingers crossed)

Quick Reply: Fuse Question