C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers Buzz/Hiss until open door! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 12:20 AM
ZoomnC6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers Buzz/Hiss until open door! HELP!

I searched around and still can't find the answer. My speakers make a hiss/buzz/white noise type of sound when the radio is off or on. They keep making the sound until I open my door when the car is off!

HELP!! How do I fix this? Thanks!!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:20 AM
arrie
Simplify
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: forging ahead...making up for lost time and embracing each day thankful to be alive.... nj
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15
~~~ CFOT Book Folder ~~~
NCM Sinkhole Donor

ALL speaker areas or doors only? And if doors only, is it only the passenger door?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:05 AM
ZoomnC6
Instructor

I know the drivers door for sure. My exhaust is the npp hooked up the mild to wild fob. If I turn the car off I can hear the noise even. It sounds like an old tape deck is blank aka white noise or a hiss sound.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:37 PM
Mat
3rd Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

I have the same problem on my 2009 coupe. It's an electronic buzzing from the passenger door front speaker (the midrange speaker not the tweeter). It is intermittent, but appears to start if I hit a pothole, drive over a speed bump or if I'm driving up an incline. When the buzzing occurs, no music comes from the speaker (I adjusted the balance and fader to confirm). The buzzing stops if I hit a pothole or after the car has been turned off for several hours.

I just got back from my dealer and his tech could not locate the source of the problem (the buzzing stopped on my way to the dealership - of course). I have to figure this out, the sound is annoying at first but after a few minutes, it is like finger nails on a chalk board.

Any chance it is a short in the amplifier for the speaker?

Get notified of new replies

To Speakers Buzz/Hiss until open door! HELP!

Quick Reply: Speakers Buzz/Hiss until open door! HELP!