C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With passenger side fuse box please?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 11:06 AM
Cobalt502
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With passenger side fuse box please?

I just picked up my 05 Vert and the lighter does not work so I looked in the manual and it loosely describes the location of the fuse box that holds the cig lighter fuse? I pulled the carpet back and found the fuse box diagram and fuse box but it indicates the cig lighter fuse to be on the right side of the fuse panel, I can not find the section of the panel that holds not only the cig fuse but many others? It looks like it may be inside a black plastic box but there is a large BLUE right angle harness in which the wires to it are hanging in front of this black box? I do NOT want to remove the blue connector unless it is necessary to do so to check the cig fuse? I'm not sure I would even know how to disconnect it?

Thank you for any help!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:17 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

You should be able to snap that black cover off without unplugging the harness and wiggle it out from behind the harness.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:19 AM
Cobalt502
Instructor

Originally Posted by EVRose
You should be able to snap that black cover off without unplugging the harness and wiggle it out from behind the harness.
Thank you! I assume that is where the cig fuse is then?
Old 03-31-2013, 11:49 AM
Cobalt502
Instructor

I just tried to pull the cover and it won't budge, it is pinned tight to the blue module above it? I will either have to take it to the dealer or unplug the blue connector, not knowing what that blue connector/harness is for I am very afraid to do that?
Old 03-31-2013, 12:02 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Has your center console ever been replaced? If so its possible the cig lighter connector was not reconnected when it was put back together.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:10 PM
Powercat47
Cruising

my cig fuse blows everytime I take out the console. the black plastic cover is retained by a couple of clips on either side if I recall. It will come off without disconnecting everything although it's rather difficult to get to I admit.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:12 PM
Powercat47
Cruising

the fuse box clips may be on top and bottom as well... it's been awhile since I've removed the cover. I assure you though, that it will come off without disconnecting anything.

Get notified of new replies

To Help With passenger side fuse box please?

Quick Reply: Help With passenger side fuse box please?