C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stabilizer Bushings ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Michael Hunter
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Stabilizer Bushings ?

I have a 07.AO,A6,Z51 Coupe I purchased new. I have 30,000 miles on the odometer and recently I have had a rattle or banging noise coming from the frt. of the car when traveling over irregular surfaces. I finally took it to the dealer. They said it was the stabilizer bushings and charged me $500.00 to replace them. I worked as a technician for 40 years and never have seen stabilizer bushings wear out so fast. Please give me your thoughts. Thank You, Mike
Old 04-07-2013, 12:20 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

There are only two things that hold a stabilizer on and one would be the end links. Two would be the bushings that are in the bracket that mounts to the frame. Those bushings are what maybe $10-15 bucks each? With proper lubrication I can't see those wearing out maybe binding if they dry out but then you would just lube them again. How the hell did you pay $500 bucks to have them replaced. It takes all of 10 minutes to replace both of them.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Michael Hunter
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by red2012
There are only two things that hold a stabilizer on and one would be the end links. Two would be the bushings that are in the bracket that mounts to the frame. Those bushings are what maybe $10-15 bucks each? With proper lubrication I can't see those wearing out maybe binding if they dry out but then you would just lube them again. How the hell did you pay $500 bucks to have them replaced. It takes all of 10 minutes to replace both of them.
I realize that, that is why I was asking others for their opinion. They broke one off in me! Thanks Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Stabilizer Bushings ?

Quick Reply: Stabilizer Bushings ?