C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 03:30 PM
2005vetteguy
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Airbag light

I am new to the forums and a first time vette owner. I bought a 2005 manual last July, and I love it! Just recently I started having trouble with the steering column lock on it, so I bought the bypass module, but it the process of installing it I broke the ribbon cable and could not get the pin to disengage. I ordered the column lock assembly and installed it, in the process of doing that I think I ruined the clock spring assembly so I need to find another one, due to the airbag light staying on now. I know what your thinking....maybe I shouldn't work on cars myself, but I love working on cars, especially this one. Have wanted a Corvette for a very long time!

Anyways, can anyone give me some suggestions on where to get a new coil spring, or other troubleshooting tips I might try before purchasing a new one?
Old 04-19-2013, 03:32 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

There are lots of reports of the airbag light coming on. Most of the time its due to either a bad connection under the seat or the seat belt tensioner needs to be replaced.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:43 PM
2005vetteguy
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your response....
I was reading some of the posts about the airbag connectors being ruined when disconnecting them or connecting them. I will look into your suggestions as well.
I also wanted to ask a question about the negative battery connector, I can tighten it all the way, but the it slips right off the post. it looks a bit smaller than the positive terminal, so I am going to replace the battery, but if it happens to be the cable.....How hard is it to replace it?

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 Airbag light

Quick Reply: 2005 Airbag light