C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iphone Bluetooth Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 09:39 PM
txsugar08
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iphone Bluetooth Navigation

Over the weekend I was headed to meet some of my club members for a cruise. Not wanting to pull over to used the car's NAV, I put the address in on my iphone to find the quickest route. Started the guidance and the turn by turn instruction came through my car speakers. Has anyone else tried this.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:27 AM
edcologne
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

ok, at least around here you're supposed to pull over to work on the phone too

I have to try this feature, may come handy at some point, however, so far I couldn't figure out how to answer a call w the steering wheel buttons, always have to gm button on the phone to get it over to the cars system even though it connects automatically when I get in
Old 04-25-2013, 04:10 PM
txsugar08
Pro

Push the talk button for about 2 seconds
Old 04-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by txsugar08
Push the talk button for about 2 seconds

In my other car I just need to hit the pickup button to answer the call. In the C6 I have to hold the pickup button down until it answers the call. The first time someone called me while I was driving I wasn't able to answer because I didn't know about holding it.

I will try the navigation on my GS since I drove it work today. I know BT audio doesn’t work because I tried to play music through my iPhone and I read in the manual that the BT only functions as a hands free phone and does not support BT audio or controls.

Last edited by Homer3D; 04-25-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

I put the address in on my iphone to find the quickest route. Started the guidance and the turn by turn instruction came through my car speakers. Has anyone else tried this.
Yep, this also works with my Nokia Windows 7 phone, but only if I have the "voice" activated. Meaning, if the phone is set to "vibrate" only, it does not communicate thru the bluetooth system in the vette. I just hit the "Bing" search, and the rest is hands free.

It also "voices" texts, and you can reply hands free as well.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:37 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

OK tested and it does not send nav audio via bluetooth. With car on, BT connected to iPhone. Turn on nav on my iPhone and I hear nothing via the car speakers. Plug my iPhone in the USB port and switch audio source to "iPod" and I can hear the nav audio.

So basically it is just playing any audio the phone makes via the USB connection. It is not streaming it over BT.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:58 AM
txsugar08
Pro

Originally Posted by Homer3D
OK tested and it does not send nav audio via bluetooth. With car on, BT connected to iPhone. Turn on nav on my iPhone and I hear nothing via the car speakers. Plug my iPhone in the USB port and switch audio source to "iPod" and I can hear the nav audio.

So basically it is just playing any audio the phone makes via the USB connection. It is not streaming it over BT.

2012 GS paired with a iphone 5 using Google maps. Not sure if it will work with any other app. I will try another NAV app latrr.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:49 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,573 Likes on 1,644 Posts

I have used the "Waze" navigation on my Iphone 4S and discovered the directions (as well as traffic warnings, etc) have come throught my Bluetooth quite clearly. The only minor issue has been that immediately after the instruction/notification comes through the Bluetooth, the car then announces "Call ended" as if I had just hung up from a Bluetooth telephone call..

Kinda annoying actually....
Old 04-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

2012 GS paired with a iphone 5 using Google maps. Not sure if it will work with any other app. I will try another NAV app latrr.
Oddly enough there is a bug in the Google maps app that will use the phone channel versus the audio channel. So in my other car (that does suppose BT audio) when using Google maps, it would send the nav through the "phone" by picking up and hanging up.

Really annoying because my car would make a pickup and hang up tone.

So basically, BEEP..."Turn left"...BEEP....BEEP..."Turn right"...BEEP.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Jimmy Mac!
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes. This works on my iPhone5 and 2010 Coupe Bluetooth. I use it sometimes and I use the Car NAV other times. I was impressed.

Get notified of new replies

To Iphone Bluetooth Navigation

Quick Reply: Iphone Bluetooth Navigation