C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accessory Mode Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 12:42 PM
tgorden
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessory Mode Question

Is it possible to bypass the automatic accessory shut off mode? Would like to listen to the radio without having to go back in the car and hitting the accessory button every 10 minutes or so. And would like to stop the open door pinging, I think thats just a fuse, haven't checked into that yet. Just thought I'd throw that into my post.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

If the doors are closed, the car will go from ACC into RAP and the radio will play for another 10 minutes. If a door is open, then everything stops at 10 minutes when ACC times out.

They do that for a reason- your battery. Over the years, I've read lots of posts where guys keep the music playing while washing the car, then it won't start. So hook up a charger or good maintainer if you like your tunes.

People say the chimes are through the car audio system and can't be readily disabled, I haven't tried.
I'm told you can push the little latch on the door to the "closed/locked" position to fake out the system, but if you close the door without re-positioning it then you break something.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:08 PM
vig1116
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i thought i read a while back that if you hold down the start button without the brake for more than 10 seconds it goes into full run mode without engine running. Never tried it though.....
Old 04-30-2013, 05:31 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by vig1116
i thought i read a while back that if you hold down the start button without the brake for more than 10 seconds it goes into full run mode without engine running. Never tried it though.....
That's true (bottom of start button) and the battery would be dead in no time if left that way.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:21 PM
vig1116
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EVRose
That's true (bottom of start button) and the battery would be dead in no time if left that way.
I didn't say it was smart to do, just a way to do it...

Get notified of new replies

To Accessory Mode Question

Quick Reply: Accessory Mode Question