C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Launch Control...FAIL

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Launch Control...FAIL

I decided to try it for the first time today. 2010 M6 (obviously)...anyways I put it in competitive driving mode, floored it in 1st, it held 4000rpms, and popped the clutch. Car just went sideways spinning like nuts, slammed 2nd and still lighting tires. I swear I can get the car quicker off the line with a lower RPM light slip and roll into the throttle.

What's up with this? Did I do something wrong with it or is the system that inept? I bought the car used it has about 50% thread left on the rears and the crap run-flats.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:00 AM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

It worked pretty well for me when the tires were warm. Were your tires cold? Do you have the base coupe? If so, do you have all season tires?
Old 04-28-2013, 07:10 AM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Ozer
It worked pretty well for me when the tires were warm. Were your tires cold? Do you have the base coupe? If so, do you have all season tires?

While I haven't done it on my GS, I did it several times in a ZR1 at Bondurant...in Arizona.
It seemed to hook quite well.

Might wanna try again when the tires are warmer, or after you get new ones.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

Works fine on my 2011 GS too. It WILL spin, but more controlled that just in competitive mode. And, AS LONG AS YOU HOLD THE PETAL TO THE FLOOR, it will NOT over rev as you shift gears either.

Takes some nerve to try it, but it works as designed.

Having said all of that, I still posted better 1/4 mile times in competitive mode and doing the launch and shifting by myself.....
Old 04-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Seadawg
Works fine on my 2011 GS too. It WILL spin, but more controlled that just in competitive mode. And, AS LONG AS YOU HOLD THE PETAL TO THE FLOOR, it will NOT over rev as you shift gears either.

Takes some nerve to try it, but it works as designed.

Having said all of that, I still posted better 1/4 mile times in competitive mode and doing the launch and shifting by myself.....
okay I'll try it again later...weather is getting a bit warmer so we'll see how it goes.

Either way, in a few months I'm going with Michelin Super Sport tires and I'm sure it will be a non-issue then.

Get notified of new replies

To Launch Control...FAIL

Quick Reply: Launch Control...FAIL