C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it Good deal or not? C6 22k$ 29k mileage?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 06:57 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by SRQVelocityyellow
We have the answer. It's a salvage title.
With a salvage title it should be around $10-12k at the high end. A salvage title that has been repaired goes for about 1/2 of the same car with a clean title and even at that price I would pass on it.

I have owned around 25 vettes and I bought a stolen undamaged recovery vette convert that the insurance company ended up with and when it was time to sell I had a nightmare time finding a buyer that had cash and wanted the car even at 1/2 of what it should have gone for if the title had been clean.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:00 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by vvettee
hi guys
need little bit help.i cant wait to buy my vette c6. looking forward to find one with low mileage. i just found one with

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Base
Price:22.000 $
Mileage: 29,970
Exterior Color: Blue
Interior Color: Ebony
Engine: 6.0L V8 16V MPFI OHV
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual

is it good deal or not ? i m gonna go test ride it on friday. please help
not a good deal its a great deal.buy before its gone if everything checks out and no serious previous damage.

Last edited by irok; 05-09-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

LOL at people still commenting it's a great deal and not reading beyond post #1. It's a frame damaged car and therefore a terrible deal.

Oh well...like the others have said, I had a carfax + forum recommended independent mechanic review my car before I bought it. Had some minor things that I currently am having my local dealer address. Bought the car and have been happy with it since ownership.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:08 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Yea,salvage title run away or give the guy 10 grand for it.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:08 PM
kimdjay
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought almost that exact same car. Blue 06 awesome ride. Yes that is a way low price. Check it out carefully and especially check the harmonic balancer and the bolt tension. My new purchase is in the dealer getting it fixed, but hey at that cost just factor in another $1500 and your all set. Lol. Just check it carefully. Check the roof for creaking/separation and see if the lights will not want to turn off when it's hot. Those are some of the things I've been noticing people are saying are going wrong with their C6.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

just for the sake of discussion...other than resale value being shot what are some other risks of picking up a car with a record like this?
Old 05-10-2013, 01:32 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Nosferatu
just for the sake of discussion...other than resale value being shot what are some other risks of picking up a car with a record like this?
Some insurance companies will not insure them, dealers will not take them in trade and most banks will not borrow money for a car loan for them.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by RJRSW
Some insurance companies will not insure them, dealers will not take them in trade and most banks will not borrow money for a car loan for them.
While I understand a dealer not wanting them (sell issue) and a bank (it's a high risk for them) but the insurance company really? That's only if the car gets into another accident would it ever be an issue for them.

How about for daily driving...do these cars tend to become a headache more so than another used car or does it have the potential to be a normal driving car? Like I said, just curious. I'd never buy one with this kind of record but I always wonder why people do one of these...
Old 05-10-2013, 01:42 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Nosferatu
While I understand a dealer not wanting them (sell issue) and a bank (it's a high risk for them) but the insurance company really? That's only if the car gets into another accident would it ever be an issue for them.

How about for daily driving...do these cars tend to become a headache more so than another used car or does it have the potential to be a normal driving car? Like I said, just curious. I'd never buy one with this kind of record but I always wonder why people do one of these...
Look back to post #28 which lists the four problem areas shown in the report for this car:

Insurance loss title or probable total loss record(s)
Rebuilt/rebuildable title record(s)
Salvage title or salvage auction record(s)
Water damaged title record(s)

Water damage cars are a nightmare and should never be on the street again. Most salvage title cars can make for a less expensive track car but water damaged cars are not even any good for that much less as a DD car. The only thing that is really salvageable with water damage vehicles are body parts and glass.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by RJRSW
Look back to post #28 which lists the four problem areas shown in the report for this car:

Insurance loss title or probable total loss record(s)
Rebuilt/rebuildable title record(s)
Salvage title or salvage auction record(s)
Water damaged title record(s)

Water damage cars are a nightmare and should never be on the street again. Most salvage title cars can make for a less expensive track car but water damaged cars are not even any good for that much less as a DD car. The only thing that is really salvageable with water damage vehicles are body parts and glass.
Ouch that too!!! OMFG run from this car. I saw the rebuilt and salvage title but didn't see water damage. Say this car had all the issues it had (minus the water)...still bad daily?
Old 05-10-2013, 01:47 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

1) no bank financing
2) sky high insurance if and when you find it.
3) jump through hoops for state inspection.
4) Potential for endless problems.
5) 0 TRADE IN VALUE..EVER.

Quick Reply: Is it Good deal or not? C6 22k$ 29k mileage?!?