C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What alternatives are there to XM

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Frieza
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would highly recommend Spotify but Pandora and iheart radio are way better than XM. I have a year free of XM and it's just crap.

-Pandora= create radio station

-iHeart Radio = Real radio stations all around world

Spotify= Can select own songs or create radio station
Old 05-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Virtual Geezer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 188 Likes on 111 Posts

Most any Borla cat-back exhaust system will generate ample drone that will negate the need for any in-car audio system. Problem solved.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:32 PM
cj032188
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm doing you all a favor that use pandora..Drop that and get Jango..Its free, no commercials other then independent artist come on every once in a while, and best of all is you can have muplte artist per station
Old 05-17-2013, 03:36 PM
BadToo
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
Since our 2009 did not come with an aux input, we bought the PAL and installed it. Then, bought a cheap Ipod and downloaded 500+ of our favorite songs.

No more poor audio quality, no more blabbering DJ's, and no more criminally insane billing system.

Do NOT just let your subscription expire, they will automatically renew you for a full year at full price because their terms of service allow it. If you refuse to pay, they just send it to collections and your credit rating takes a hit.
Has anyone actually seen this show up on their credit rating if they didn't pay or are we all assuming that is what will happen. I'm thinking that their "collections" is just another XM department meant to screw with you and try to scare you into paying as opposed to an outside collections agency.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,049 Likes on 1,361 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by BadToo
Has anyone actually seen this show up on their credit rating if they didn't pay or are we all assuming that is what will happen. I'm thinking that their "collections" is just another XM department meant to screw with you and try to scare you into paying as opposed to an outside collections agency.
I can recall threads in previous years where members told of getting calls or notices from a collections company that did not appear to be related to XM.

If you want to call their bluff, be my guest.
But, based on the way XM does things, I suspect that it is NOT a bluff.

Even if it is a bluff; that doesn't solve the problems of poor audio quality, blabbering DJ's, shell-game billing practices, and programming that I personally don't enjoy.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:15 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

spotify -9.99 a month.
pandora- 3.99 a month
i heart radio
I like serious/xm for certain things but I won't pay anything more then the 88 bucks a year special.My subscription is up next month so I'll probably let it lapse.All that other stuff is enough for me.I will miss some of the sports stuff though If I'm in the car when a race/game is on. I send them a check for the payment.Never will I give them a cc number.

Quick Reply: What alternatives are there to XM