C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The C6 turns heads

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 09:11 AM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

I dont get much attention in mine, of course lots of other sports car are Ferrari or Lambo...Vettes are pretty common. I do get dogged by ricers often...gotta laugh/
Old 01-18-2019, 10:04 AM
BillDurant
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

e the price goes up too ?

Last edited by BillDurant; 01-18-2019 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:16 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by village idiot
Strangely, I get a lot more "wow, nice car" from valet guys with the GTO than any of my friends do in their cars like an S5. I think it's because no one really goes out and gets a GTO (especially once in good shape with a 6spd) unless they're a car guy. It's parked out front entirely too often

There are a lot of non-enthusiast S5 or covette owners. They didn't make as many GTOs either, i guess.
It's assumed that we are talking about the newer GTO's which really shouldn't even have ever got the GTO badge. They are just a quick after thought from GM on how maybe to sell some more Pontiacs.as a performance car. Building that car and then labeling it a GTO is a slap in the face to the REAL GTO's from back in the day.....
The following users liked this post:
449er (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 04:32 PM
pdac
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Some people like my car, some people don't. Just like any other car. All I know is that, based on this forum, corvette owners LOVE to talk about how much other people love their cars.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:43 PM
Mike Green9
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 110 Posts

Love my Chevy

M....
Old 01-18-2019, 05:16 PM
C6KWJ
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by MassGT
Is it me or do more people tailgate us in the vette. Maybe they want to get close for a look.
I don’t have that problem my foot is always on the right pedal
Old 01-18-2019, 05:37 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Old thread!!! This is the danger of bringing back old threads, guys start quoting and responding to posts from 6 years ago.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:38 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BillDurant
e the price goes up too ?
Thanks Bill for bumping up this old thread with this post.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:36 PM
jimijam
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
Old thread!!! This is the danger of bringing back old threads, guys start quoting and responding to posts from 6 years ago.
So what? This isn't SnapChat.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:26 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jimijam
So what? This isn't SnapChat.
Everyone is free to bump up an old thread whenever they see fit. The problem is that more often than not, someone is bumping up an old thread by accident, like in Bill's case where he posted a picture of a C4 and a question about it's price with no regard for the subject of this thread. The problem for the rest of us is that most of us don't pay attention to the date and just assume this is a recent thread. If you want to quote and give advice to someone who asked a question or an opinion 6 years ago, feel free to do so. But more often than not, someone is doing it with the intention of helping someone and not realizing that it was posted years ago and the person they are responding to are most likely long gone or no longer care. Just my opinion on old threads though, as I just like to warn others if they appear to be unknowingly posting in an old thread as the information may effect their response.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:29 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
Everyone is free to bump up an old thread whenever they see fit. The problem is that more often than not, someone is bumping up an old thread by accident, like in Bill's case where he posted a picture of a C4 and a question about it's price with no regard for the subject of this thread. The problem for the rest of us is that most of us don't pay attention to the date and just assume this is a recent thread. If you want to quote and give advice to someone who asked a question or an opinion 6 years ago, feel free to do so. But more often than not, someone is doing it with the intention of helping someone and not realizing that it was posted years ago and the person they are responding to are most likely long gone or no longer care. Just my opinion on old threads though, as I just like to warn others if they appear to be unknowingly posting in an old thread as the information may effect their response.
Well said. Most forums though seem to always have those that want to chastise people for reviving old threads. Sometimes when someone needs info there may not be much available at the time the thread was org. posted. So rather than post a completely new one they just revive an old one just check and see if any new info has come out, i'm guilty of that myself on rare occasions, but I finally learned to just start a new thread and just ask the same ol question. If one thinks this forum is bad....try starting a new thread in V-Twin forum and ask a question that was asked 5 years earlier......my goodness you'd think someone just groped someone at a ME - TOO convention.......
Old 01-19-2019, 10:48 AM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by windyC6
Well said. Most forums though seem to always have those that want to chastise people for reviving old threads. Sometimes when someone needs info there may not be much available at the time the thread was org. posted. So rather than post a completely new one they just revive an old one just check and see if any new info has come out, i'm guilty of that myself on rare occasions, but I finally learned to just start a new thread and just ask the same ol question. If one thinks this forum is bad....try starting a new thread in V-Twin forum and ask a question that was asked 5 years earlier......my goodness you'd think someone just groped someone at a ME - TOO convention.......

As I noted the other day on another thread, I have NP with reviving an old thread, but it would be nice if the "reviver" noted in his first post that it is an old thread -- for reasons that TR Fred noted above.

And to add to your point, many technical forums* will take you to the woodshed if you start a new thread subject without first doing a search to see if there are old threads that address your problem.

* The help forums for Firefox browsers/Thunderbird email come to mind, among many others.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:03 PM
HobbesTiger
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 118 Posts

As a new C6 owner, I started a similar thread a week or so ago!
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-get-them.html

I am very surprised at how many compliments I get on mine. As I said in that thread, I took a colleague to lunch and mentioned the attention the car gets. She looked at me skeptically, then said it might be the color as it looks "fiery" in the sunlight. When we stopped for the light, a UPS truck pulled up next to me. He honks and when I roll down the window he gives me a thumbs up and says "Beautiful car man. I bet it flies!" After I drove off she looks at me and says "No way!" It was pretty funny.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:43 PM
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin 🍺

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,440 Likes on 940 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2018 C7 of Year Winner
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Who the F put a C4 in my thread?