C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any dyno comparison from pfadt and other LT's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 10:37 AM
s ladd
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default any dyno comparison from pfadt and other LT's?

Has anyone done a back to back dyno comparison between the new pfadt headers and another LT brand (LG, AR, Kooks, etc..)?

Thanks,
Shaun
Old 06-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

Yea, I've seen them, but they are not in one thread, and I'm tired of search for everyone else today

Look in the C6 specialty forums for them, I'm 99% sure it was the same engine in some, but with different headers installed.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:33 PM
s ladd
Racer

That is the problem.. I want to see the same car with the same tuner and the same dyno trying both headers. Too many variables to compare two different cars.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,088 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Going to be very hard to find some guy that installed and tuned there C6 with a set of lets say American Racing headers and then ran it on the dyno ... then removed them and installed a set of PFADT headers, and again ran it again on the same dyno.

I think your asking for too much.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:10 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
Going to be very hard to find some guy that installed and tuned there C6 with a set of lets say American Racing headers and then ran it on the dyno ... then removed them and installed a set of PFADT headers, and again ran it again on the same dyno.

I agree.they all make about the same hp.mine with catted OBX and ported Fast 102 picked up 65 rwhp without any additional tuneing

Last edited by irok; 06-20-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:12 PM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA

However, there is very little of a HP difference from different brands of headers. They all do the same thing!!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,088 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

yup
Old 06-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This dyno was not performed by us, and it was done by a very respected forum vendor. Maybe they will chime in with the details:

Also, there are some threads out there....I'll dig up some more when I have a minute. Here is one I remembered seeing a while ago. Looks like its a Kooks to Pfadt swap.

"Your headers made 2 rwhp and 13 rwtq over Kooks " - I think its important to note that the advantage of the Tri-Y is that we can get you the same peak HP, but with more midrange TQ
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/cana...rwhp-dyno.html

Last edited by Pfadt Racing; 06-20-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:30 PM
s ladd
Racer

Thank you Pfadt Racing.. This is what I was looking for. Very impressive torque gains...
Old 06-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 114 Posts

I think this is all sort of convoluted. To say swapping one set of headers to another made more power doesn’t really prove anything. Even if you dyno’ed the car before and after on the same day, the difference just in the ambient temperature would cause a minor fluctuation in the dyno results. I can dyno my car at 8am and get one result, then (with no changes to my car) dyno again at 3pm and get a different result. Most dyno days I have been to, you get 3 pulls and all 3 pulls will show different numbers sometimes showing +/- 10 HP/TQ between the pulls.

If you don’t have headers already, pick out the ones you like the best.
If you have headers already, be happy with what you have and keep them. Swapping them out for the potential gain of a couple HP is just a waste of time and money.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Erics_02_z06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Homer3D
I think this is all sort of convoluted. To say swapping one set of headers to another made more power doesn’t really prove anything. Even if you dyno’ed the car before and after on the same day, the difference just in the ambient temperature would cause a minor fluctuation in the dyno results. I can dyno my car at 8am and get one result, then (with no changes to my car) dyno again at 3pm and get a different result. Most dyno days I have been to, you get 3 pulls and all 3 pulls will show different numbers sometimes showing +/- 10 HP/TQ between the pulls.

If you don’t have headers already, pick out the ones you like the best.
If you have headers already, be happy with what you have and keep them. Swapping them out for the potential gain of a couple HP is just a waste of time and money.

Not to create a stir, but I don't completely agree. I've seen back to back tests with different header sizes (on engine only dyno) where they went back and forth several times and were able to show true average gains. I've personally lost some serious TQ by using a 2" header in a NA application

Get notified of new replies

To any dyno comparison from pfadt and other LT's?

Quick Reply: any dyno comparison from pfadt and other LT's?