C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSV Premium D, with blue stiching and alcantra

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 03:42 AM
kotik
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 22 Posts

Default DSV Premium D, with blue stiching and alcantra

Hi,

I have JSB z06, and just got my wheel yesterday. The blue color doesn't really match JSB... it's def more of lemans blue(I was told that upfront, but was assured that no one complained, and it would match well...). I was thinking of doing the alcantra w blue stiching central elbow piece (DSV), but i don't think i'll go that route now... maybe in a few weeks i'll get used to the color a bit more... or i wonder if there is a way to bleach it a bit... The radius is the same as original, but since it's thicker (what i really wanted and like) it feels a bit big. Wish i went with the smaller radius(i think they have a curve, or another one that is smaller), but that is on me. At first i thought it was a bit crooked, but that's probably in my head due to many curves in it (but i will brake out a ruler on the weekend).

Customer service was great! I called DSV, they told me of all the options, sent me 23 million pictures of different combinations. Install was too easy. I now have to send back the core. Overall i'm very happy with the wheel, and happy with the combo, Alcantra on outer sides and bottom, and perforated leather on top and inside!

Old 07-03-2013, 04:11 AM
kotik
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 22 Posts

hmm, looks a bit crooked in the pic too... anyone else see it, or is it just me?? like the left side is a bit more squashed...
Old 07-03-2013, 07:41 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

doubtful it is crooked. take your old wheel which is probably the most round thing of that size you have, and turn it backside facing out and lay it on top of your DSV wheel. see how it looks all around with that as your "template."

your pic is also not centered over the center hub. notice how the dic is not square in the center?
Old 07-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Bandit1
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Nice Mod! Love those ABU's, brother.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice looking wheel! I too like the thick rim. Whenever I let someone play in the car, I usually get a comment about the steering wheel and how they like the thickness. That combined with the Alcantara allows you to have a pretty firm grip on the wheel.

I too like a smaller diameter wheel if possible though but can't play with the radius much without a major revamp of the airbag and bezels. Don't think there is a vendor here that'll even go there. But despite my preference for something a hair smaller, I don't find the current wheel to be too large. My history includes a Miata, so I am used to everything being a bit on the petite side.

About the stitching, IMO, it doesn't absolutely have to match the exterior, but should be similar to the rest of the interior stitching if you were to get other blue stitched items. With that said, I do think the darker blue looks good! Should also be a little more resistant to stains than the JSB.

If you haven't checked out the newer OEM stuff, look at the 2011 Z06 Carbon Edition interior equipment. It came in a Blue or Orange stitching on Alcantara material. I'm pretty sure that stitching is going to be a hair lighter and different from your wheel, but if you get all the center console pieces (boot, shifter, console lid, etc) they'll all be the same.

Good luck.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I was going to get some DSV pieces. I ask if their blue stitching would match my factory blue stitching and was told no I decided to forget it.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandit1
Nice Mod! Love those ABU's, brother.
Me 2! http://togetherweserved.com/
Old 07-03-2013, 05:05 PM
speedygc5
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kotik
hmm, looks a bit crooked in the pic too... anyone else see it, or is it just me?? like the left side is a bit more squashed...
I agree maybe its the angle of the picture. Is the wheel in the exact center position? If so looks crooked. Really nice though I would se d pics to dsvettes first and let them know.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by speedygc5
I agree maybe its the angle of the picture. Is the wheel in the exact center position? If so looks crooked. Really nice though I would se d pics to dsvettes first and let them know.
the picture is not dead on straight to the wheel and ... the wheel is turned to the right just a hair by 2 degrees.
Here's a picture. ...
Photoshopped with the wheel straightened out and the curved line of the top of the dash blacked out.
Nice Wheel
Attached Images  
Old 07-03-2013, 10:37 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

Very nice and I really enjoy my DSV Steering Wheel

Get notified of new replies

To DSV Premium D, with blue stiching and alcantra

Quick Reply: DSV Premium D, with blue stiching and alcantra