C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today was not a Good Day

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,426 Likes on 774 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Mhelvic
Fort Walton Beach area, so almost in Alabama...
You're in my area. Any description on the beater truck so I know which one of the many to look out for. Where did this happen?

I understand the Vette withdrawal and probably got some strange looks from the Vette crowd as I waved to them from my Avalanche. I hit a deer in April with my new 427 convertible and was without it for a month. My insurance took care of me and I was only out my $100 deductible.

If you need a good body shop, give the folks at Preston Hood Chevrolet a chance. They fixed my 427 as good if not better than new. Ask for Rick Johnson. He's a car guy and he'll take care of you.

Before
[IMG][/IMG]
After
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Tally Ho; 06-23-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Pittcorvette
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Its unfortunate that your vehicle got damaged. IMHO vehicles have no souls, they are made from metal and plastic which can be repaired or replaced. The good thing is that you and your wife walked away from your accident.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:34 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Originally Posted by Pittcorvette
Its unfortunate that your vehicle got damaged. IMHO vehicles have no souls, they are made from metal and plastic which can be repaired or replaced. The good thing is that you and your wife walked away from your accident.

Sometimes we need to remind ourselves of this.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Mhelvic
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tally Ho
You're in my area. Any description on the beater truck so I know which one of the many to look out for. Where did this happen?

I understand the Vette withdrawal and probably got some strange looks from the Vette crowd as I waved to them from my Avalanche. I hit a deer in April with my new 427 convertible and was without it for a month. My insurance took care of me and I was only out my $100 deductible.

If you need a good body shop, give the folks at Preston Hood Chevrolet a chance. They fixed my 427 as good if not better than new. Ask for Rick Johnson. He's a car guy and he'll take care of you.

Before
[IMG][/IMG]
After
[IMG][/IMG]
It was a brown and primer grey Ford Ranger. Happened on Hwy 90 near Log Lake Rd in Holt. Thanks for the referral, I have been wondering about a good repair shop in this area.

Quick Reply: Today was not a Good Day