C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lemon pledge

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 12:58 PM
trebor8008
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by traderfjp
When I had my motorcycle the unaminous favorite in all the forums for a quick detailer was Pro Honda Polish and detailer. It is only 11.00 a can and works on everything. It goes on and comes off easy leaving a deep wet shine: Amazon.com: Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish 12 oz.: Sports & Outdoors
This is what I use. Since I work for Honda I get it at the dealership for 3.85 a can. Seems to work on everything I put it on, car, quad, mower etc...
Old 06-27-2013, 05:11 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by fireinv38
anybody else on this forum use lemon pledge? started using it in 1964 on my white stingray convertible. have tried every wax, cleaner, and detailer and still find pledge great. just wondering what your feelings are. just put on my 2012 grand sport, racing stripes 3M carbon fibre. outrageous look. pledge works great on this also. any other product ideas would be appreciated.
so, thats where they got that lemon law from.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:17 PM
scnhra
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could see Pledge on the paint but I would never put it on leather. I would love to see the seats of someone car who uses nothing but pledge on it. I bet the cracks are as bad or worse than someone who uses armor all. IMO something with a conditioner and non-silicone is all I use.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:28 PM
BettermostCorvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scnhra
I could see Pledge on the paint but I would never put it on leather. I would love to see the seats of someone car who uses nothing but pledge on it. I bet the cracks are as bad or worse than someone who uses armor all. IMO something with a conditioner and non-silicone is all I use.
Pledge is 100% safe on leather furnature.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:31 PM
Fastoldguy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Streaks worse than a Drunk College Kid. I'm Not A Fan.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Johnathon59
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

I never realized how many uses for "Pledge" there is ! and since I'm thinning on top, I'm going to give it a try on my "Bald Spot" maybe I'll find just another use for it !!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:04 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Meat
I don't believe there is any "oil" in Lemon Pledge, then again I'm not a chemist!
...Polydimethylsiloxane
That is a silicone oil. Look it up.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:41 AM
hankg42
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After reading this, I'm starting to believe that Pledge has almost as many uses as WD-40!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:13 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hankg42
After reading this, I'm starting to believe that Pledge has almost as many uses as WD-40!

^ It is guaranteed to make anything that sticks or squeaks, shiny too!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:18 PM
RT2SJB
Pro

Default punked

Is this thread real or are we all being punked, really lemon pledge on a 75K car? Don't be cheap buy good stuff!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:21 PM
mfj427
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 50 Posts

I came from the Black Buick turbo GN crowd, many over there use it. especially under the hood!

Originally Posted by RT2SJB
Is this thread real or are we all being punked, really lemon pledge on a 75K car? Don't be cheap buy good stuff!
Old 06-28-2013, 01:05 PM
iclick
Melting Slicks

Received 618 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by Banana Republic
..and it smells good too..?..might have to try it now.
Might make for some interesting comments if you have a yellow car.

Last edited by iclick; 06-28-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:25 PM
mancobra
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

try olive oil , better than pledge lol
Old 06-28-2013, 02:14 PM
l8-apex
Instructor

The price has nothing to do with it. Used as a 'quick detailer' it produces a better shine than anything else I've tried. It is just a bit more work to buff it (maybe an extra 5 - 10 minutes spent on the car), but the results are outstanding.

Those that have used it have nothing but good things to say. And there are plenty of use cases to show that it does not harm the paint, even over many years. No, it won't provide a protective coating that lasts for weeks or months, but neither does any quick detailer; that's not what it's used for.

Those that have NOT used it seem to somehow know that it just can't be good.

Don't knock it until you have tried it.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 879 Likes on 464 Posts

If a company put a different label on the can and raised the price to $50 people would be bragging about how great a product it was.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:35 PM
steveb601
Racer

Originally Posted by l8-apex
The price has nothing to do with it. Used as a 'quick detailer' it produces a better shine than anything else I've tried. It is just a bit more work to buff it (maybe an extra 5 - 10 minutes spent on the car), but the results are outstanding.

Those that have used it have nothing but good things to say. And there are plenty of use cases to show that it does not harm the paint, even over many years. No, it won't provide a protective coating that lasts for weeks or months, but neither does any quick detailer; that's not what it's used for.

Those that have NOT used it seem to somehow know that it just can't be good.

Don't knock it until you have tried it.

The voice of reason and common sense.
It amazes me that daily on this forum somebody offers an opinion or advice backed up by others with similar advice or experience only to be chastised for doing something a little out of the ordinary. I've learned so much on this forum about cars from the old-timers with years of car and life experience. Generally, the old-timers offer a suggestion or some advice and then the immature name calling and jokes begin. I prefer to just PM them to get more insight and the old-timers always respond. We all have our own "smell test." If it smells right to me I try it. If it doesn't I don't.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:37 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by trebor8008
This is what I use. Since I work for Honda I get it at the dealership for 3.85 a can. Seems to work on everything I put it on, car, quad, mower etc...
This works even better in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Fastoldguy
Streaks worse than a Drunk College Kid. I'm Not A Fan.
You are not using it correctly.

Originally Posted by snowwolfe
If a company put a different label on the can and raised the price to $50 people would be bragging about how great a product it was.
Exactly.

Get notified of new replies

To lemon pledge

Old 06-28-2013, 02:47 PM
l8-apex
Instructor

If it were $100, and you could only get it by being a member with an online detailing supplies company, it would suddenly be the ultimate secret to a show winning shine. Oh, but it would have to have a very exotic name like Zymellano ZX27 or some such thing.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:51 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 546 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by MidYearRoadster
Al Knoch interiors ..told me to use it on my leather seats...
Al installed new leather seats on both my 68 and 70. He recommeded it to me also.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:55 PM
steveb601
Racer

It happens all the time with consumer goods. All they would have to do is test it to make sure it worked, and passed legal muster. Then come up with another name like "Brite Shine" or something "made by S.C. Johnson...a trusted brand for over 100 years." Then make the can smaller but raise the price since auto enthusiasts love to pay more than a housewife at the supermarket for the same thing, and they would take advantage of a whole new market. Blue Dawn Soap and Windex comes to mind...

Quick Reply: lemon pledge