C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do people insist on parking next to me even if I park far away??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

Each person has an equal right to park in any parking space they wish.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Vetteheaven67
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BWF07
I have seen notes that say "Well I have never met an important person before, but I am sure your are one seeing you think it is perfectly ok to take up two parking spaces". I hate to say it, but I find more Corvette's taken up two spaces.

As stated, this post was not based on someone doing damage to the car or vandalism, it was simply that the OP parked out from al the other cars and when he came out there was a car parked next to him. No damage, but it was a little hard for the owner to get in to his car.

Never seen so many cry babies about there car. If you are concerned it will get damaged in a parking lot, leave it at home and take another car.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Vetteheaven67
Instructor

Last edited by Vette_DD; 07-03-2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language
Old 07-03-2013, 02:38 PM
BlueAngelSAE
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scissors
Each person has an equal right to park in any parking space they wish.
Seems you may be wrong......per the rules of corvette ownership and superiority above others "unless it is a Corvette, than no other vehicles can park in any adjacent spaces, failure to comply may result in an anonymous name calling note, vandalized property or an azz whipping, in the event the offender is mouthy and dares to call "it just a car "deadly force is authorized" the corvette owner, shall not be required to first consider the thoughts or reasons of others nor continue the resolution through law enforcement or other civil means of accountability.

Back to the original post and question....seems the Honda people have the same issues...I can't believe they actually care about their Honda's I bet somewhere a post is on a Honda site about the corvette jerk that left me a note because I parked to close to him for safety of my vehicle.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33053
Old 07-03-2013, 02:53 PM
steveb601
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueAngelSAE
Seems you may be wrong......per the rules of corvette ownership and superiority above others "unless it is a Corvette, than no other vehicles can park in any adjacent spaces, failure to comply may result in an anonymous name calling note, vandalized property or an azz whipping, in the event the offender is mouthy and dares to call "it just a car "deadly force is authorized" the corvette owner, shall not be required to first consider the thoughts or reasons of others nor continue the resolution through law enforcement or other civil means of accountability.

Back to the original post and question....seems the Honda people have the same issues...I can't believe they actually care about their Honda's I bet somewhere a post is on a Honda site about the corvette jerk that left me a note because I parked to close to him for safety of my vehicle.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33053
Great post. The more I kept reading the responses from people on this thread, the more I do Not want to be associated with people who drive Corvettes. I think I like the Honda crowd much better. I only glanced at the thread but I didn't see them discussing leaving sissy notes on cars, carrying loaded weapons, using ice picks to flatten tires or other juvenile recommendations when no damage was done to their car.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:05 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by steveb601
Great post. The more I kept reading the responses from people on this thread, the more I do Not want to be associated with people who drive Corvettes. I think I like the Honda crowd much better. I only glanced at the thread but I didn't see them discussing leaving sissy notes on cars, carrying loaded weapons, using ice picks to flatten tires or other juvenile recommendations when no damage was done to their car.
it sounds like a bunch of ex cons on the forum, doesn't it? you have a lot of "old guys" driving corvettes, true. but they certainly wouldn't resort to some of the outlandish acts or thoughts posted on this thread, thats for sure. i check the side of the car for marks, if any, then i would call the police to make a report. but the last thing i would do is to damage someone's car due to their stupidity. with you 100%
Old 07-03-2013, 04:00 PM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteheaven67

Wait a minute....Corvettes are chevy.s....

Last edited by Vette_DD; 07-03-2013 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language
Old 07-03-2013, 04:28 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteheaven67

Ford is American just as Chevy as is Dodge. But a POS is a POS and they come in all brands. Why not a Honda, Toyota, rice a roni car, BMW, contractors truck, van, dualie truck that kicks up gravel onto your windshield.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 07-03-2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language
Old 07-03-2013, 05:56 PM
hopeman
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow i see why i cant get enough of this site. cant believe some of the things that are said. I don't like it when people park that close to me either but man after all its still a car beautiful fast sexy and the six wonder of the world but yet still a car. If i had a Honda i would park next to a corvette to. If i was waiting in line i would want to be right next to Micheal Jordan as well and hope he wouldn't turn his nose up at me.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:57 PM
JJC5
Safety Car

Originally Posted by hopeman
Wow i see why i cant get enough of this site. cant believe some of the things that are said. I don't like it when people park that close to me either but man after all its still a car beautiful fast sexy and the six wonder of the world but yet still a car. If i had a Honda i would park next to a corvette to. If i was waiting in line i would want to be right next to Micheal Jordan as well and hope he wouldn't turn his nose up at me.
Well said!!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Too many off-topic posts, with too much hostility.

Inappropriate language is still a no-no.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 07-03-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Why do people insist on parking next to me even if I park far away??