C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skip Shift Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 09:30 AM
ateam311
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skip Shift Question

I apologize in advance for being an idiot and not taking a *%@# picture while I was actually under the car yesterday.

So, on Friday I drove down 4 hours south to start working on the headlights (see my profile for that thread). No CEL or anything. Saturday morning I get in to go get coffee before we get started and there's a CEL. We find out via O'Reilly's that it's a P0803 code for the skip shift.

I climbed under the car yesterday and saw one of the two cables for the skip shift just hanging there. The cable hanging there had a purple end to it and was long enough to reach down to a connection I saw with two prongs on the driver's side portion of the transmission.

The other end was pushed up on top and the smaller blue and white piece used for the skip shift eliminator was still in the connection located further up on the transmission. Note that the eliminator was installed by the previous owner.

I did not see the big black portion of the eliminator so I can only assume that it fell off or something.

Now, I resolved my problem with the CEL by plugging both cables up to their respective connections and I'm now using the blown SmartGlow fuse trick to bypass CAGS. However, I am a little concerned about the smaller cable on the harness that has the purple-ish ending to it.

This smaller cable did plug in but there was no way to "snap" it in place. I saw that there was a clip on the connector but all I could do was put the cable in as tightly as I could. Am I missing some piece that goes around the two male prongs that is supposed to allow me to snap the skip shift cable into it?
Old 07-09-2013, 06:57 PM
ateam311
Racer

Evening bump. Hopefully someone can help out because I couldn't find anything on GM Parts Warehouse that would indicate that there is something else I'm missing, but I just want to be sure.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:07 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

If it helps this is my setup.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:26 PM
ateam311
Racer

Originally Posted by VET4LES
If it helps this is my setup.
Yes, that helps a ton. This is the cable I'm referring to:

Name:  xU5mqP5.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  64.1 KB

Is that actually snapped in? If so, I guess I'm missing the portion of the connector that it snaps into. The next question then would be what is the part number?
Old 07-09-2013, 08:56 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

You can see the clip holding it on. I'm sure you can figure something out to hold it on without spending a fortune on a new wire loom. Maybe wrap some black tape around it. I sure somebody will have a brilliant idea.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:02 PM
ateam311
Racer

Originally Posted by VET4LES
You can see the clip holding it on. I'm sure you can figure something out to hold it on without spending a fortune on a new wire loom. Maybe wrap some black tape around it. I sure somebody will have a brilliant idea.
Yeah, I considered wrapping some electrical tape around it. I'll hold off and see if someone has a better idea. Don't want it coming off again in the midst of traveling. CELs scare me.

Get notified of new replies

To Skip Shift Question

Quick Reply: Skip Shift Question