C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road trip to Bloomington Gold with 1 mishap

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 06:06 PM
mozz51
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road trip to Bloomington Gold with 1 mishap

These cars are fantastic on a road trip! We went 3,480 miles. Our '05 mn6 z51 coup ran perfect at 80+ mph for hours on end. The water temp never varied and it will go up any hill on the road maintaining the speed in 6th all the while getting 29-30 mpg! My wife and I left Salt Lake City 6/25, drove to Custer, South Dakota. Then through Custer State Park (the Needles Highway is a must drive), up to Mt. Rushmore, through the Badlands, on to the western trails sites in Council Bluffs, and on to Champaign, IL in 3 days.

The BG show was a blast (saw thousands of Corvettes, lots of classics, 4 C-7's plus the new convertible and we could sit in them). The tour was great fun. The locals lined the roads and were cheering and waving the whole way.

On the way home we stopped by the Lincoln Museum and drove some of the old route 66.

Outside of St. Lewis traffic was slowing, we moved over from a exit only lane with plenty of room, but a semi tanker came up right behind us and bumped us! By the smirk on his face I think he did it on purpose. Amazingly, the only visible damage is some spider cracking in the paint on top ahead of the factory spoiler. These cars are tough! He wanted to exchange insurance and go, but I called the state police and got an accident report. He either got a little too close like some of dirt bags like to do or he was just a belligerent SOB.

Aside from that, we saw a lot of America the beautiful, got comments on the car everywhere we stopped and had a great time. What a great road car!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:09 PM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 333 Likes on 195 Posts

Glad you are ok, and the cars are fantastic. I dont condone violence but you should have Beee yatch slapped his dumb ***.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:22 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Sorry about your misfortune and good luck with the repair.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:23 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Sounds like a fun trip except for the incident.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:55 PM
mozz51
Instructor

Originally Posted by yellowzron
Glad you are ok, and the cars are fantastic. I dont condone violence but you should have Beee yatch slapped his dumb ***.
Thanks for the good wishes. It's natural to feel that way, but a fight on the side of the freeway would have made things much worse. The car can be repaired and thank God, we weren't hurt. Besides, I'm a Christian and forgive easily. I just hope he learned something from this. Most truckers are great, but some just shouldn't be driving.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,085 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by mozz51

I'm a Christian and forgive easily.
Good for you ... I am a Christian too, but unfortunately I don't forgive so easily as you.

I am still plenty pissed-off at that cellphone loving women that rear-ended my GS in New York just 5 hours after driving off the MacMulkin lot after taking delivery! ... that was 2 years ago
Old 07-11-2013, 10:19 AM
mozz51
Instructor

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
Good for you ... I am a Christian too, but unfortunately I don't forgive so easily as you.

I am still plenty pissed-off at that cellphone loving women that rear-ended my GS in New York just 5 hours after driving off the MacMulkin lot after taking delivery! ... that was 2 years ago
Wow, that's a tough one...5 hours! I feel for you. Even so, I have found forgiveness to be healing. We can't judge another's situation, so certainly no criticism intended, but you say you've been letting this affect you to some degree for 2 years and she probably forgot about it long ago...I think that's one reason why Jesus asked us to forgive. Not trying to be preachy, just sharing my thoughts for what its worth.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:09 AM
carl3989
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 549 Likes on 263 Posts
USN

I wish that freight would move more by rail rather than by these leviathans of the road. I hate being on a through way with two semis travelling side by side with a long queue of cars unable to pass. Sorry for your accident.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:04 PM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 333 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by mozz51
Wow, that's a tough one...5 hours! I feel for you. Even so, I have found forgiveness to be healing. We can't judge another's situation, so certainly no criticism intended, but you say you've been letting this affect you to some degree for 2 years and she probably forgot about it long ago...I think that's one reason why Jesus asked us to forgive. Not trying to be preachy, just sharing my thoughts for what its worth.
My brother in law buys a mint 5thousand mile Ron Fellows vette. Has it shipped in from Florida to Chicago. Has it delivered to our friends dealership because he is working and wanted someone to inspect it. When he goes to pick it up, on the drive home he gets hit. I wanted to cry.

It takes a bigger man to forgive, so I understand what you guys are saying.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:06 PM
mozz51
Instructor

Originally Posted by carl3989
I wish that freight would move more by rail rather than by these leviathans of the road. I hate being on a through way with two semis travelling side by side with a long queue of cars unable to pass. Sorry for your accident.
Thanks for well wishes. That is really annoying when 1 semi needs to maintain his 1/2 mph speed over the truck in front. Maybe that makes a difference over the long haul, but it can't be much. I'd much rather look at that than the top half of a chrome bumper and the lower part of a big chrome grille through the back window just before impact. I can't quite get that image out of my mind. And ours is lowered making it all the more intimidating.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:18 PM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA

YIKES!!! That got me angry just thniking about it....
Old 07-11-2013, 12:20 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

classic statement....:ro fl:
Old 07-11-2013, 12:27 PM
mozz51
Instructor

My brother in law buys a mint 5thousand mile Ron Fellows vette. Has it shipped in from Florida to Chicago. Has it delivered to our friends dealership because he is working and wanted someone to inspect it. When he goes to pick it up, on the drive home he gets hit. I wanted to cry.
Ouch! If your family didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all. Sorry to hear of the misfortune. Good luck in the future.

Get notified of new replies

To Road trip to Bloomington Gold with 1 mishap

Quick Reply: Road trip to Bloomington Gold with 1 mishap