C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lucky to be alive

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 10:29 AM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

damn man, so glad you are ok... that horrible!!!!!!!!!!! what a pos for taking off like that... hope all comes out well your way and you get back on the road
Old 11-15-2013, 06:56 PM
Crowhater
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok here is the latest update. We took the car apart and painted it one piece at a time and now we are assembling it. The Pfadt coil over suspension has been installed but we need to adjust the height and align the car. With any luck she will be done next week.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:20 PM
Z_Monzter
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crowhater
Ok here is the latest update. We took the car apart and painted it one piece at a time and now we are assembling it. The Pfadt coil over suspension has been installed but we need to adjust the height and align the car. With any luck she will be done next week.

What tire size is that? I love the way it looks
Old 11-15-2013, 08:34 PM
Crowhater
Drifting

The wheel is an 18x12 and the tire is a 345/35-18 M/T drag radial. The fronts are 18x10 with 295/35-18 Nitto Invos.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Z_Monzter
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wheel is an 18x12 and the tire is a 345/35-18 M/T drag radial. The fronts are 18x10 with 295/35-18 Nitto Invos.
Nice, thanks! Looking forward to see the finished product!
Old 11-15-2013, 09:13 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 654 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverado Desperado
How completely ridiculous and appalling it is that you think you have the right to come into this thread for no good reason to contribute anything of value to this thread, and have the audacity to ask such a ridiculous request, shame on you Khililj, go back to wherever it is that you were trolling before you came here.
It's not ridiculous at all. That awful avatar is the OP doing an end-run around the rules that keep the worst of the P&R sub-forums out of places like C6 Tech. This is way beyond an image of a campaign slogan or tasteless sight-gag. The OP is picking a fight and he shouldn't be surprised to find one wherever he goes.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Crowhater
Drifting

. Get over it already! No one forced you to surf my thread. I don't go on your threads and cry about your Avitar or subject. If you chose not to like me because of my Avitar that is your choice now please stop dragging my thread off topic.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:00 PM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,725 Likes on 1,043 Posts

I for one would like to see more pics of the rebuild effort
Old 11-15-2013, 10:21 PM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Received 906 Likes on 570 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

More pix!

Really looking forward to the finished product.

What shop is doing the work?
Old 11-15-2013, 10:40 PM
Crowhater
Drifting

Guys the body shop has been taking pictures documenting this build for me. I post what they send me but I can't go up there everyday. I just had back surgery today at 10:30am and went to three different doctor appointments this week! My only good new is that my left hip does not have a torn Labrum "sp", it turned out to be tendon damage. On top of dealing with all of this I have to find time to work, be a father to my 3 children and husband. Sorry for the rant I am just tired of being hurt and tired. I know the lord does not give you more than you can handle but he sure has been stacking it on me this year.

I just compiled a bunch of pictures and listed what I can remember as far as upgrades. When this is all over I will list all the extra parts I have.

Upgrades include
Supervettes body kit
Hood custom cut for after market vents
Shaved the corvette emblems
Floated out all body panels
Slicked paint job with no GM orange peal
Added blue metal flake to the corvette black paint
pfadt suspension
Complete sound system upgrade
Blue heads up display
New forged wheels
New tires
New lug nuts
Seats were redone with top shelf leather and stitched in blue
Had the center console covered in leather
Calipers painted blue
Whole car interior covered in dyno mat sound deadener
Rear back up camera
Front curb alert system
Fuel system upgrade

Here are some pics

*sure.

This is the color of the paint, it has a blue metal flake added

Old 11-15-2013, 11:48 PM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I love the blue metal flake in the paint. can't wait to see it finished. You are doing a super job. Wish I could afford to paint mine a true candy apple red

Lisa
Old 11-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Crowhater
Drifting

Here some pics from today

Old 11-18-2013, 04:49 PM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

looks great.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

Was the guy (or gal) that hit you ever found? I am only asking to save time from looking through all 212 replies. BTW, I like you Avatar...Obama fits right in with rest of them.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:11 PM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 243 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Guys the body shop has been taking pictures documenting this build for me. I post what they send me but I can't go up there everyday. I just had back surgery today at 10:30am and went to three different doctor appointments this week! My only good new is that my left hip does not have a torn Labrum "sp", it turned out to be tendon damage. On top of dealing with all of this I have to find time to work, be a father to my 3 children and husband. Sorry for the rant I am just tired of being hurt and tired. I know the lord does not give you more than you can handle but he sure has been stacking it on me this year. I just compiled a bunch of pictures and listed what I can remember as far as upgrades. When this is all over I will list all the extra parts I have. Upgrades include Supervettes body kit Hood custom cut for after market vents Shaved the corvette emblems Floated out all body panels Slicked paint job with no GM orange peal Added blue metal flake to the corvette black paint pfadt suspension Complete sound system upgrade Blue heads up display New forged wheels New tires New lug nuts Seats were redone with top shelf leather and stitched in blue Had the center console covered in leather Calipers painted blue Whole car interior covered in dyno mat sound deadener Rear back up camera Front curb alert system Fuel system upgrade Here are some pics *sure. This is the color of the paint, it has a blue metal flake added
Be strong Dude - life and family are #1 - everything else will fall into place. Good to hear things are coming into place. The kids need you. The car is coming together well - priorities.

Peace.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:01 PM
VERTBLK
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did they do to the kid that hit you and left the scene?
Old 11-18-2013, 06:08 PM
cartop2
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad you are OK. Some people today drive trucks and cars as though they were on a track somewhere. Need IQ tests before driver tests. Nice to see the recovery includes an amazing build job.

Last edited by cartop2; 11-18-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Lucky to be alive

Old 11-18-2013, 07:38 PM
nikemart
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad that you survived that terrible wreck and had people there to assist you from the vehicle! I hope the culprit is apprehended and that you inform us on the forum regarding the outcome of the case. The restoration of your Vette looks really awesome. Hope you will fully recover too. Good fortune.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:04 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Take the time or money to have the new paint color sanded. It added $1000 to a repaint I had on my 93 40th Annivesary Vert that I still have, but I still get comments about the "phenomenal paint job" near 20 years later.

Likely would add $2k today but will be well worth it. It is the only way to get all the orange peel out and get show quality paint job.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:15 PM
vertigogo
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

It's always amazing to me that cars so badly damaged can be put right again. The guys who do that work really are artists. I look forward to seeing the finished car, and I'm glad you're alive to drive it.

As for the avatar, I personally don't think a Corvette forum is the place for politics. And while I agree that it is a free country, that same freedom goes both ways, which means that people have a right to complain about avatars, just like people have a right to choose avatars.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Quick Reply: Lucky to be alive