C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any local smaller gumball or cannonball runs??

Old 09-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Clover0925
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any local smaller gumball or cannonball runs??

Looking for a run to do maybe next year. Nothing US wide, maybe something 1,000 mile or under. Anyone point me in the right direction? Im in NY
Old 09-16-2013, 11:16 AM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

Most gumball events are long distance and strictly controlled due to liability issues surrounding speed events. Each year Hot Rod Magazine puts on the Power Tour. For 2014 I am hearing North Carolina to Wisconsin, takes place the first week of June each year, its normally a 7 day event if you do the entire route.

We have the Western Scenic Tour out west, it starts Sunday, Sept. 22 and begins in Las Vegas, Zion National Park, Moab Utah and ends in southwest Colorado in the tiny town of Ouray. Next year I believe it will take in the Yellowstone/Teton and Glacier National Park areas.

I also seem to recall the Northwest Rod Run (open to all cars) and takes place somewhere near you. You can find that info on Bangshift.com under the forum section. Click on the unofficial power tour thread for info on NERR. That is taking place anytime now I think.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any local smaller gumball or cannonball runs??