C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Aftermarket steering wheel sizes- DSvettes-MCS

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 12:28 PM
MarMPB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Aftermarket steering wheel sizes- DSvettes-MCS

Hi!
I'm looking at some aftermarket steering wheels for my 2010 Z06 and the DSvettes and MCS are looking good- fair prices and good quality- but their sites doesn't got that much info.
I think the OEM steering wheel is a bit too big and thin.
How those two steering wheels compare to the oem in these aspects?
The feeling of the BMW M// cars steering wheels are perfect for me.
I'm from Brazil, so it's hard to get all I need to know by phone.
If you guys could post a few pictures with that kind of info would be really great.
Thanks!
Old 08-26-2013, 01:10 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by MarMPB
Hi!
I'm looking at some aftermarket steering wheels for my 2010 Z06 and the DSvettes and MCS are looking good- fair prices and good quality- but their sites doesn't got that much info.
I think the OEM steering wheel is a bit too big and thin.
How those two steering wheels compare to the oem in these aspects?
The feeling of the BMW M// cars steering wheels are perfect for me.
I'm from Brazil, so it's hard to get all I need to know by phone.
If you guys could post a few pictures with that kind of info would be really great.
Thanks!
I know DSVettes uses the OEM steering wheel. All they do is wrap it in leather and with some of there models the add some padding or shave off the bottom a little to get it flat down there.

I have one and love it.

Last edited by ncvette_1FUNRIDE; 08-26-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:38 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Here's mine. Love it. DSV puts out great work.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:44 PM
dlparsons
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had the DSV wheel and just bought a MCS this weekend. BOTH wheels use the factory as a starting point, so the center will match up exactly with your C6. The DSV wheel is wrapped with quality leather in any custom color you would like and it is reshaped in a D-Style but is not padded. I really liked the DSV wheel, but then I saw the MCS and ended up buying one of those this weekend at Carlisle. The MCS is slightly larger, flatter at the bottom and padded. Similar quality of leather is used best as I can tell and they have a lot of options in color and leather type. Here are photos of a factory 2011, second photo is a factory wheel wrapped with an aftermarket leather wrap that I stitched myself without removing the wheel; third photo is the DSV wheel (which I have for sale for $400 - wheel only, switches/airbag not included) and the fourth is the new MCS wheel - all in the same car. The center cap and airbag cover are not part of the wheel, nor are the switches, you reuse your existing switches, airbag and center cap (mine are all custom on the DSV wheel picture and MCS wheel picture)

I was very happy with the quality of the DSV wheel, but I'm liking the padding on the MCS wheel plus I needed a bit less bling on my wheel after I finished redoing my interior. My DSV wheel looked great when I still had the plain black factory dash, but when I got the new stitched leather dash, the wheel started looking too busy for my taste.

If you need any dimensions, I have all three wheels here and can take measurements for you, just let me know what you need. Feel free to PM me.

Factory Wheel - no modifications

Factory Wheel - wrapped with a custom leather wrap that I ordered and stitched on, no wheel removal needed

DSV wheel

MCS Wheel
Old 08-26-2013, 08:22 PM
o6zo6vette
Burning Brakes

I just mcs wheel this weekend at carisle n it is way better then stock wheel
Old 08-26-2013, 10:13 PM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 243 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

If I may be so rude - what am I looking at to purchase the MCS? 13 GS with paddles and Bluetooth.

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:33 PM
MarMPB
Advanced

Hey, thanks guys!

I asked my importer ( I'm from Brazil) to get me the prices on the MCS plus S & H, the one I liked most. Thanks again to DLPARSONS!
IrishSpuds, I saw the the MCS in the Eckler's site: about $550 plus $180 refundable for your core, I think!
Best regards!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:42 PM
dlparsons
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, thanks guys!

I asked my importer ( I'm from Brazil) to get me the prices on the MCS plus S & H, the one I liked most. Thanks again to DLPARSONS!
IrishSpuds, I saw the the MCS in the Eckler's site: about $550 plus $180 refundable for your core, I think!
Best regards!
I think you'll be very pleased with that choice. You may want to contact MCS directly, they may be able to ship for you. Nice group of guys - tell them I said hi if you talk with them.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:08 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Hey, thanks guys!

Best regards!
I trust you looked at your PMs above??
Old 09-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Get_UmJ13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by dlparsons
I have had the DSV wheel and just bought a MCS this weekend. BOTH wheels use the factory as a starting point, so the center will match up exactly with your C6. The DSV wheel is wrapped with quality leather in any custom color you would like and it is reshaped in a D-Style but is not padded. I really liked the DSV wheel, but then I saw the MCS and ended up buying one of those this weekend at Carlisle. The MCS is slightly larger, flatter at the bottom and padded. Similar quality of leather is used best as I can tell and they have a lot of options in color and leather type. Here are photos of a factory 2011, second photo is a factory wheel wrapped with an aftermarket leather wrap that I stitched myself without removing the wheel; third photo is the DSV wheel (which I have for sale for $400 - wheel only, switches/airbag not included) and the fourth is the new MCS wheel - all in the same car. The center cap and airbag cover are not part of the wheel, nor are the switches, you reuse your existing switches, airbag and center cap (mine are all custom on the DSV wheel picture and MCS wheel picture)

I was very happy with the quality of the DSV wheel, but I'm liking the padding on the MCS wheel plus I needed a bit less bling on my wheel after I finished redoing my interior. My DSV wheel looked great when I still had the plain black factory dash, but when I got the new stitched leather dash, the wheel started looking too busy for my taste.

If you need any dimensions, I have all three wheels here and can take measurements for you, just let me know what you need. Feel free to PM me.

Factory Wheel - no modifications

Factory Wheel - wrapped with a custom leather wrap that I ordered and stitched on, no wheel removal needed

DSV wheel

MCS Wheel
Do you have links to the DSV and MCS sites. I like both wheels but would like to compare. Which one is the most comfortable in your opinion?

Your Vette looks good

Old 09-06-2013, 12:06 AM
MarMPB
Advanced

Originally Posted by AORoads
I trust you looked at your PMs above??
Hi! My bad!! Your PM was the first thing I read a week ago or so!
Somehow today when I post I thought the PM and the pictures were posted by the same guy! With all that information I could make up my mind.
Thanks a lot! I'll talk to my importer to know at what point he is with the deal and send a email to Mike!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Luster
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

MCS wheel bought at Bloomington last year. No comparison to the feel of factory wheel. Color match for Cobalt Red was perfect.

Last edited by Luster; 09-06-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:48 AM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Oh man, I can't wait. I've ordered an MCS, with same pattern and color as Luster. It should be here in 2 weeks, and I'll definitely take pics. This thread and dlparson's comparative photos made my choice for me. Posts like these are SO helpful!
Old 01-25-2014, 11:54 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Like my DSV steering wheel, I would of gotten a MCS one if I had known about it for the padding. Mine is done in 100% Alcantara and I like that for the summer heat we have in Texas

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Aftermarket steering wheel sizes- DSvettes-MCS

Quick Reply: C6 Aftermarket steering wheel sizes- DSvettes-MCS