C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well C6 brothers..............

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 08:00 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,908 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
That's 'cause he doesn't drive his in the rain .................. sorry wayback ........... The devil made me do it .......

What rain?
Old 10-05-2013, 08:02 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,908 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Well to be fair Garret, it's not all C7 owners and I have met a few C6 owners that can be jerks too.....

I think jerks come in all generations.....
You talkin to me?
Old 10-05-2013, 08:38 AM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,026 Posts

I remember when I owned a C4 and the C5's were just starting to show up on the roads. I felt like I was driving yesterday's news. However, I don't have that feeling (yet) with the C6. I think part of it has to do with the fact that I prefer convertibles over coupes and the C7 vert is still months away. Also, the fact that I still love the shape of the C6 and have no issue with the rear end. I think the C7 is very similar in shape to the C6 and although the rear end isn't a deal breaker, I think it has room for improvement.

In addition, whenever I am at a vette show, I don't look at any model year and think, "oh, that's dated looking" I think every vette has it's place and would be a joy to own.

I am waiting to see what issues arise with the first year C7's and looking forward to the improvements in the 2015 - 2017 model years that will make the 2014 C7 "obsolete" I hope to keep my C6 vert a few years longer as I still get the thrill of driving it as much as the day I purchased it.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:20 AM
barduch
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Virtual Geezer
Hmm, it takes a Village, right? I've been doing business with these people for 21 years. They always get looney when a new generation of Vette comes along.

The story they told you about the owner driving a Vette is true -- he likes having one to slum around in when he's not driving a Lexus LFA. (In addition to the Chev. store, this automotive group also owns two Lexus stores.)

Question: How are they pricing the C7? I was emphatically informed last June that they would not charge over MSRP. However, their website lists five C7s -- with 'Contact Us' where the price normally is shown.
The pricing that they offered on the one VY 3LT with 51 miles on the odometer was MSRP. The CG and the black were already sold awaiting delivery to the customer. I was told those were sold at MSRP. There was also a gentleman there looking at the C7s who had ordered his at Village and was waiting for his to be delivered from Bowling Green. He told me that he paid MSRP.

As for the test drive request, I would guess that the salespeople are instructed to deliver that line so as not to be doing "tire kicker" joy rides all day long. I was driving my Land Cruiser and didn't mention that I had purchased my ZR1 from Village. Perhaps if I had shown more genuine interest and mentioned my previous purchase they would have honored my request for the test drive. The owner does indeed also own the two Lexus dealerships in the twin cities. We bought my wife's Lexus SUV at the Wayzata store across the parking lot from Village Chevrolet. Both the Chevy and Lexus purchases were as pleasant as could be. I would and no doubt will buy from them both again. I like to do all of the basic maintenance on my corvette myself but my wife won't let me touch her Lexus with a wrench. They treat her like a queen at the Lexus service department and have gone above and beyond in taking care of her car. They even replaced a $1,000+ headlight (the ones that turn when you do) after the warranty expiration at no charge when it started to accumulate moisture inside.

I will get really excited about the C7 when all of the new generation bugs are worked out and there is a ZR1 equivalent in Blade Silver with lots of carbon fiber.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Lord Vetter
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13

I just got my 13 about four months ago. For me, it's just started.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:47 AM
vara411
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Lord Vetter
I just got my 13 about four months ago. For me, it's just started.

Was ABOUT to say the same exact thing! I'm waiting to pick up my C6 in 17 days... this will be my first Corvette and the only thing I've been more excited about is to see my kids born. Our journey is just beginning!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:36 AM
Jefff1
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vara411
Was ABOUT to say the same exact thing! I'm waiting to pick up my C6 in 17 days... this will be my first Corvette and the only thing I've been more excited about is to see my kids born. Our journey is just beginning!
Same here...came back from our snowmobile club meeting yesterday and there was a very nice 2011 GS Vert in our driveway...I thought the car carrier parked up on the main road was a little suspicious...Corvette Mike's sure put this car in our hands quick...don't even have plates yet as Fedex brought the title and paperwork 5pm Friday...too late for the DMV

Our first Vette so the journey begins
Old 10-07-2013, 07:10 AM
Eric_G
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 5 Posts

Absolutely no regrets on purchasing a new 13' in the year the C7 rolled out. I have found that the last year of any production version tends to be one of the best as they have had time to work the bugs and glitches out of everything.

I think as the C7 continues on we will see the same type of stories and problems as were/are seen with the C6. I do however enjoy going to the C7 forum and watching how worked up everyone is over the delivery process and production of the cars...
Old 10-07-2013, 11:45 AM
spwz06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just picked my C7 up.....I love it
Old 10-07-2013, 11:56 AM
brian90505
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not used to having to scroll down so far for general discussion. Other than that, still content with the C6. No C7 envy at all.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:39 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

I'm just happy to know that my 2013 Z06 will kick the new C7 Corvettes ***... I have only had my Z for a few months now and the reason I didn't want to wait to get a C7 is that I wanted more power STOCK... I had a 2011 Camaro SS that I supercharged and all the other bolt on parts. I had some issues with it so I made up my mind that I wouldn't be doing engine mods on my Z06. I will say that I will be getting the new C7 Z07 or what ever GM calls it..
Old 10-07-2013, 02:31 PM
2vettes
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Not obsolete; it just keeps getting better.
Saturday I got Cruisin' New England Magazine Super Wheels Showdown Cruise Vehicle of the Year award.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by 2vettes
Not obsolete; it just keeps getting better.
Saturday I got Cruisin' New England Magazine Super Wheels Showdown Cruise Vehicle of the Year award.

Congrats!!!

Quick Reply: Well C6 brothers..............