C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chimes when opening door - FIXED

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 866 Likes on 397 Posts

Default Chimes when opening door - FIXED

Through an accidental process of elimination I fixed my annoying problem of having the chimes go "ding ding ding" intermittently when opening the door of my '08 coupe.

I tried all this previously:
*turning on the passive "auto lock (with beep and light flash)
*turning the passive auto-lock option off
*keeping the FOB in my left pocket
*locking the car manually hitting the lock button making sure I was as fully out of the car as possible
*locking the car manually from a distance using the FOB after exiting

No matter which of those options I tried, I would still get the chimes going off at least 70% of the time when opening the doors.

Then, for some reason a few weeks ago I tried turning on the passive auto-lock in "silent" mode. Just a quick blink of the lights about 15 seconds after exiting the car.......it works No more chimes when opening the door.

I know it doesn't make any sense, but I'm not complaining. Thought I would share this so if anyone else is having a similar problem they could give it a try.

Last edited by Scruff Vette; 11-21-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:46 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Scruff Vette
Through an accidental process of elimination I fixed my annoying problem of having the chimes go "ding ding ding" intermittently when opening the door of my '08 coupe.

*locking the car manually hitting the lock button making sure I was as fully out of the car as possible

No matter which of those options I tried, I would still get the chimes going off at least 70% of the time when opening the doors.

Then, for some reason a few weeks ago I tried turning on the passive auto-lock in "silent" mode. Just a quick blink of the lights about 15 seconds after exiting the car.......it works No more chimes when opening the door.

I know it doesn't make any sense, but I'm not complaining. Thought I would share this so if anyone else is having a similar problem they could give it a try.
Good news.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Scruff Vette

Scruff, are you saying with the car off I can have my door open and have the radio on with out the chimes???? If so, AWESOME JOB!
Old 11-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Our car has the passive auto locking set in silent, but we sometimes get the chimes.

For us, it happens only if we have closed the doors and walked away, returned and open/closed door to get something out of the car, and finally come back and open the door to get in. That's when our chimes start.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature!"
Old 11-22-2013, 12:55 PM
BadgeZ28
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
Our car has the passive auto locking set in silent, but we sometimes get the chimes.

For us, it happens only if we have closed the doors and walked away, returned and open/closed door to get something out of the car, and finally come back and open the door to get in. That's when our chimes start.

Thanks for the info. I wondered why sometimes I got the three chimes on entering and other times not.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

The only time that my 08 would chime if i had it set for FOB DETECTED..I turned that OFF & never chimed again..I carry my fob in my underware...
Old 11-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by BadgeZ28
Thanks for the info. I wondered why sometimes I got the three chimes on entering and other times not.
Hmmm...
If ours chimes at all in those conditions, it chimes continuously until we close the door. Or do you close the door before it can chime the fourth time?

"Ask not for whom the bell chimes, ..."

Old 11-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
The only time that my 08 would chime if i had it set for FOB DETECTED..I turned that OFF & never chimed again..I carry my fob in my underware...
Waaaay too much information...
Old 11-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Waaaay too much information...
I meant my cell phone on vibrate..Lol...No way

Get notified of new replies

To Chimes when opening door - FIXED

Quick Reply: Chimes when opening door - FIXED