C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What Color 427 Vert do you have
Artic White
33.02%
Blade Silver Metallic
4.72%
Inferno Orange Metallic
2.83%
Black
16.98%
Velocity Yellow Tintcoat
3.77%
Cyber Gray Metallic
7.55%
Torch Red
8.49%
Crystal Red Metallic
10.38%
Supersonic Blue
0.94%
Night Race Blue
11.32%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

427 Convertible Registry, Color Poll, and Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 12:14 PM
R50THC5
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

I do stuff like that all the time, just think of it as our toys are above the rest.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:01 PM
DavidTheJeweler
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glenn Cauvin
David just purchases my 427 with vin#1674. Same car except with ZR1 rims. Car was built on 12/5/12

Vette Magazine just gave us (427 Vert owners) a big endorsement. Page 74 "To celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Corvette in 2013, Chevrolet offered customers what magazines consistently touted as "the best Corvette ever offered," the 427 Convertible. "
The following users liked this post:
Glenn Cauvin (09-23-2015)
Old 09-21-2015, 02:32 PM
DavidTheJeweler
Intermediate

Vette Magazine just gave us (427 Vert owners) a big endorsement. Page 74 "To celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Corvette in 2013, Chevrolet offered customers what magazines consistently touted as "the best Corvette ever offered," the 427 Convertible. "
Old 09-21-2015, 02:50 PM
DinkyDonut
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidTheJeweler
Well, you can't really argue with that
Old 09-21-2015, 03:25 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

If that's true, then why are our Blue Book values so low? My $92K car is worth $55 on KBB, and my dealer is offering me $58. Ticks my a## off.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:43 PM
hdrider1
Burning Brakes

Received 505 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by USA1 427
If that's true, then why are our Blue Book values so low? My $92K car is worth $55 on KBB, and my dealer is offering me $58. Ticks my a## off.
I bought mine used for $65 so didn't take the new depreciation hit. But regardless of that I love the car so much it's not for sale -- I've been asked by several people if its for sale and I always say no. If you expect a car to hold it's value then you will be generally sadly disappointed. Who cares? -- not me.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:09 PM
apredvette
Instructor

Originally Posted by USA1 427
We feel your pain 😎 I do think as a "special edition" model, chevy actually did a decent job with this one. It will take the rest of the car community a while to catch up. Even amongst Vette owners, most I meet are puzzled or not aware of exactly what these cars are.
I expect our cars will follow a normal (or maybe slightly less) depreciation curve. Then they'll level out and begin to hopefully appreciate. By then my grandchildren will be driving the car. As I didn't buy it for it's " investment potential" my plan is to drive it and enjoy it. And we'll do exactly that when we take it to Vettes to Vets this Sunday in Bedford. Any other 427s going?
Old 09-21-2015, 04:17 PM
apredvette
Instructor

It's always nice to receive compliments. Everywhere we take the car, it's universally loved. Then people seem to be in awe when I explain what it really is 😎
If I had a dollar for everytime someone said they liked it better than the new 7, the car would be paid for already 😬
Old 09-24-2015, 08:52 PM
Phillip123
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.nocarnofun.com/0-160-mph-...c6-vs-2014-c7/

Old 09-28-2015, 11:05 PM
AKA MAC
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello 427 family,
Is anyone planning on going to the Kentucky One Lap on October 19th. Hope to see a couple 427's on the tour.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:57 PM
2vettes
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by AKA MAC
Hello 427 family,
Is anyone planning on going to the Kentucky One Lap on October 19th. Hope to see a couple 427's on the tour.
I'd love to, but was just there with my '15 Z06/Z07 vert on 8/31/15. It's around 1,100 miles from here. Here's a pic of the 427:

Old 10-01-2015, 10:22 AM
Naples FL
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 90 Posts

Default Back in the Fold

Hi John,
I found and bought back my 427. I traded it two years ago to by a C7 which I traded last year to buy C7 ZO6. If you recall it was built on the last day of production 2/27/13, signed by Tadge and is the last black one produced! VIN 2531
I sure missed this car!

Old 10-02-2015, 02:18 PM
DavidTheJeweler
Intermediate

At Road Atlanta today. Don't know who it belongs to but I see a bark blue 427 Convertible. The pic was sent to me by a friend or I would have featured the 427!!
Old 10-05-2015, 09:30 AM
tomringo
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Exterior Trunk Release

Trunk Release Button

Having some issues with the release button. The button in the car and the fob work fine. It’s the exterior button above the rear plate. Was intermit and is now most of the time. Anyone having any experience with this and what did you do if you had issues? Thanks
The following users liked this post:
Konadog06 (12-05-2015)
Old 10-05-2015, 09:32 AM
tomringo
Burning Brakes

Default Trunk Release Exterior Button

Trunk Release Button

Having some issues with the release button. The button in the car and the fob work fine. It’s the exterior button above the rear plate. Was intermit and is now most of the time. Anyone having any experience with this and what did you do if you had issues? Thanks
Old 10-05-2015, 10:11 AM
Konadog06
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by tomringo
Trunk Release Button

Tom this may be a long shot but it's easy. I realize you said the fob works, have you tried the rear latch button with the other key fob in your pocket? Thinking possibly a weak fob battery where the receiver is not getting a strong enough signal. Or consider replacing fob batteries if not already done. Just a thought.
Bill
FL
Old 10-05-2015, 10:13 AM
DinkyDonut
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Heads up to my fellow 427 owners. Here's my bad story with a good ending:

GM has recently sent out a letter related to clutch issues on all C6 cars, and I'm sure some of you have received it already. More specifically, it's about clutch master cylinder potentially going out, leaving the clutch completely inoperable. This happened to me 400 miles away from home with only 7,520 miles on the car. I have never beat on the car; never taken it down the 1/4 mile, never launched it hard, never abused the clutch, always let it warm up, etc. To my knowledge it still has the factory stock fluids in it (except for engine oil).

As for the story, my parents are currently visiting from Europe, and the wife and I decided that we should all drive a couple of Corvettes down to the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta to watch the 10Hr race, and maybe look at some Corvette Daytona Prototypes beat the Ford Ecoboost Prototype, and hopefully see the #3 and #4 C7R cars of Corvette Racing show some BMWs and Porsches how it was done.

We got down there fine, the 427 did beautifully as always, but it did rain a little too much for comfort. Friday evening we went out to find dry socks and a rain jacket or two, so followed the GPS to a random mall right before the stores were to close. When we got back into the car to go back, I thought for a second that it had transformed itself into an auto as the clutch pedal wasn't anywhere my left foot went looking. The clutch pedal was stuck to the floor by means of the clutch pedal spring. I was able to flip the clutch back and forth, but all hydraulic pressure seemed gone. The wife found the number to a local Chevrolet dealership that she had seen on our trips back and forth between the hotel and the track, so I gave them a slightly frantic call at around 10.30pm. On a Friday night. I didn't even expect them to answer the phone, and the service department was naturally closed, but I got transferred to a sales consultant's personal cell. He ensured me they'd do whatever they could to get me back on the road, and even started getting the ball rolling with their service department. Very late I had the car towed to said dealership.

My 3yr bumper-to-bumper warranty expired in September, and the 5yr powertrain warranty didn't cover clutch or any workings related to it, eg. slave and master cylinders, but the service writer managed to not only fit the car into their already busy Saturday schedule, but also get the car back to me within hours and free of charge. They didn't even have the parts in stock, but had to get them from another dealership.

As suspected, it turned out to be the clutch master cylinder, and they ensured me that no amount of crazy driving would have ever been able to break it the way they had found it. Clearly it was a manufacturing issue, and, as mentioned, GM covered everything.

To say that I was impressed was an understatement. From having a car unable to move under its own power in a parking lot in the middle of nowhere on a Friday night, looking at having to extend a hotel stay with several days, and having to tell the boss that I wouldn't be back in the office as expected, to not only being back on the road, but also able to catch the last 4 hours of the Petit Le Mans, and make it all the way back home on time. I was -- and still am -- very impressed. I'm amazed.

I feel that we always hear horror stories about bad dealerships, so I wanted to share this story that had a happy ending. Yes, you could be cynical and say that GM should rightfully cover everything, but the guys I dealt with hadn't even head about the potential issue, and still went above and beyond to help a random guy far away from home.

I bought them as many donuts as I could carry, and I'm sending my story to their managers, and anyone in GM that wants to read/listen to it. Somebody needs to give these people a raise.

The dealership that took care of everything:
Rick Hendrick Chevrolet in Duluth, GA

The sales consultant who didn't have to pick up the phone that late Friday evening: Chris Lindamood

The service writer who handled my case throughout the day: Michael Brislin

At Road Atlanta today. Don't know who it belongs to but I see a bark blue 427 Convertible. The pic was sent to me by a friend or I would have featured the 427!!
[/IMG]
That was me, and the silver C5 is the one the wife and I found for my parents here on the forum.
The following 2 users liked this post by DinkyDonut:
r00t61 (02-19-2016), Stavesacre21 (01-04-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To 427 Convertible Registry, Color Poll, and Discussion

Old 10-05-2015, 11:02 AM
tomringo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Konadog06
Tom this may be a long shot but it's easy. I realize you said the fob works, have you tried the rear latch button with the other key fob in your pocket? Thinking possibly a weak fob battery where the receiver is not getting a strong enough signal. Or consider replacing fob batteries if not already done. Just a thought.
Bill
FL
Thanks, I just replaced the battery in that fob two weeks ago just as a precaution in advance of a trip. So the fob battery is good, but I will try the other fob to remove that as a potenial cause. thanks again.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:23 PM
red4twenty7
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 13 Posts
Default corvette 427 acrylic sign

Just thought I would post the picture of the acrylic sign I bought from a vendor on the Forum, first class guy all the way, sign turned out great in my opinion.
great piece for going to shows next year.
Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2015, 05:26 PM
red4twenty7
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Konadog06
1140, built 08/12. All Ebony, 1SC, Museum Delivery, 1734 miles, 2nd owner.
Bill
Central FL
great looking car, welcome to the 427 Vert club, you will enjoy it.

Quick Reply: 427 Convertible Registry, Color Poll, and Discussion