C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't even want to drive it

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 07:46 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by J. Dub
I'm also sorry but for different reasons then everyone else.

I'm sorry that you're married. I've been there before, marriage is for the birds/lonely... I decided.

If you're lucky, the disdain you have towards your wife and advising her that she is no longer allowed to drive your vehicle, may grow into a big fight and conclude with you two seperating... God willing.

I've been single for the past 4 years.... Colors are richer. Food tastes better. And air is crisper. Good luck.
Are you for real???
Old 01-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by J. Dub
I'm also sorry but for different reasons then everyone else.

I'm sorry that you're married. I've been there before, marriage is for the birds/lonely... I decided.

If you're lucky, the disdain you have towards your wife and advising her that she is no longer allowed to drive your vehicle, may grow into a big fight and conclude with you two seperating... God willing.

I've been single for the past 4 years.... Colors are richer. Food tastes better. And air is crisper. Good luck.
Crow, things keep getting worse according to Mr Chuckles here with his post.. You got a door ding and because of it are now on track for a divorce... lol
Old 01-28-2014, 07:49 PM
stp357
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Look at the bright side, at least she won't ask to drive it again! I know you're PO right now but getting the door ding fixed is a small price to pay.And if she asks to drive it again, just remind her about the last time that happened.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:54 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Originally Posted by rick7913
Sorry to hear that. I never take my Be the to the to grocery stores, malls, or Wal-Mart because some dip **** will all ways park next to you. I learned this year's ago when I had my new 280zx.

Hope the repaint on the door comes out good.

My wife knows she can drive my C6. She's just not allowed to park it anywhere except in my shop

I'm not afraid to drive mine but I am all wierd about parking it in parking lots. I know I'm missing out on a bit of life, but anyhoo......that's what our other cars are for.

Crow, at least you made the decision to put it in the shop. When you get it back, it will be like it never happened. Just take it out of her Christmas bonus

Last edited by need-for-speed; 01-28-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:57 PM
Jeff-Ford
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Id like to see a picture of the wife
Old 01-28-2014, 07:59 PM
lotecredneck
Racer

Received 113 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildmanht
Tony, based upon all what the OP has gone through the past year, I think he gets to be pissed about someone dinging his car......At least he is around to complain about it.
Well I guess I didn't see "what all he had been through this past year"! He does have a right to be pissed, but life it too short to take it out on your wife over a car!

~Tony
Old 01-28-2014, 08:20 PM
bontrager
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the bad news. That is one beautiful vette.

If you don't mind sharing what can one spend on a paint job like yours. I like the black to blue change. Don't even know if anyone in my area would even attempt to do this.

thank you
Old 01-28-2014, 09:04 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by owc6
That's sad. For your wife, that is. How is this her fault? Did she run into someone?

lisa
it could happen to you one day. then the wife won't let you drive it.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:05 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Jeff-Ford
Id like to see a picture of the wife
he won't show you her picture due to the ding in the middle of her forehead.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:30 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by billyboy47
he won't show you her picture due to the ding in the middle of her forehead.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:39 PM
c6vette142dude
Pro

Try to keep everything in perspective. The ding can be fixed. Imagine if she had been involved in an accident and was hurt or killed. Remember that it's just a car. As a car lover myself, I know how you feel about dings and such...not too long ago, a jeolous co-worker keyed my car. Of course I could have taken more drastic steps to get even, but where would that have put me. A "measured" response is something that comes with wisdom...which usually comes with age.

Sweet ride btw!
Old 01-28-2014, 09:40 PM
just did it
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
Shouldn't they put something in the paint to make it more flexible on a plastic car?
Old 01-28-2014, 09:43 PM
PatriotZ
Melting Slicks

Location: "No matter where you go... there you are"...."You cannot drive a dollar bill". ...and remember... "D
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6
That's sad. For your wife, that is. How is this her fault? Did she run into someone?

lisa
Lisa is right on.....you guys that are afraid or "do not let your wife drive the Vette" are pretty obviously a pretty self centered group and for people who value their cars over humans are something else indeed
..........sorry about your car....and sorry for your wife... but if you are/have spent that much to make it look like a "Z"....then fix it and get on with it.....and hopefully come up to the current year instead of the 1900's....
hmmm this sounds like adding insult to injury for sure....
Old 01-28-2014, 09:44 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

My wife says you're an *** for blaming her. It's a car man, and you should be glad she didn't get hit head on by a semi or mugged for the car. Get over it. I'm sure she feels worse than you do.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:51 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter99
That sucks...people suck...
always expect the worst from people......and you will never be disappointed

Clif
Old 01-28-2014, 09:55 PM
Crowhater
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok for the last time, my wife does not get in trouble! I am not my wife's daddy, I do not tell her what to do or how to do it, she is my best friend. That said I do not jump in her Escalade and go duck hunting, then bring it back covered in mud. If I wanted to use it I could but out of respect for her I would not take it Offroad. She knows how I take care of my car and that it is an expensive investment, she feels bad that it was damaged while she was driving it and she does not want to deal with the extra effort it requires. She would normally jump in my truck but my Duramax burned a piston two weeks ago and I have to swap out the engine Saturday. Now on top of what I paid for the new engine I have to pay to get the door painted again. She hates to waste money as much as I do, the car is for date night and shows, it is not for running to the store when you are in a hurry. If you go to the store park it out at the end of the parking lot and walk to minimize to risk of damage.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:56 PM
Adam_W
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet picture , I like that textured driveway surface , how much do those cost?

Get notified of new replies

To Don't even want to drive it

Old 01-28-2014, 11:07 PM
Jim2003
Safety Car

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

You won't like my response. Relationships are much more important than things. To put more value on a car over your wife is absolutely insane. She did nothing wrong. If you drive a car things will happen. If you don't want things to happen make a bait garage, park the car, then go look at each day and say how wonderful you and the car are.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:18 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Crowhater
Ok for the last time, my wife does not get in trouble! I am not my wife's daddy, I do not tell her what to do or how to do it, she is my best friend. That said I do not jump in her Escalade and go duck hunting, then bring it back covered in mud. If I wanted to use it I could but out of respect for her I would not take it Offroad. She knows how I take care of my car and that it is an expensive investment, she feels bad that it was damaged while she was driving it and she does not want to deal with the extra effort it requires. She would normally jump in my truck but my Duramax burned a piston two weeks ago and I have to swap out the engine Saturday. Now on top of what I paid for the new engine I have to pay to get the door painted again. She hates to waste money as much as I do, the car is for date night and shows, it is not for running to the store when you are in a hurry. If you go to the store park it out at the end of the parking lot and walk to minimize to risk of damage.
Good point. Some people who have posted here who are saying it's just a car are full of s**t, then why the hell are they on a message board for "just a car". I'm sure they're not on a message board for their dodge stratus. You have the right to be upset because it's costing you and your wife more money to fix it and time too.
The people pointing the finger at you for being some sort of monster must be a spineless b**ch in their relationship and their wife probably uses a strap on, on them.
You are dead on with the duck hunting comparison too.
Congrats on standing up for yourself. It must suck to be such cowards like the ones insulting you. Theirs nothing wrong with keeping something in nice shape.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:28 PM
4thC4at60
Le Mans Master

Received 2,921 Likes on 1,302 Posts

It's a car.... I changed from Vettes as DDs to a Ferrari. I park it everywhere. It's just a car. I enjoy the $hit out of it..... same with my CTS-V.... they're cars. Drive 'em, enjoy 'em. They get a ding, fix it. Move on. Life's too short to wrap a mind around a possession....

Quick Reply: Don't even want to drive it