C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* * * * GM Recall does include C6s (MERGED) * * * *

Old 05-22-2016, 02:42 PM
ROYSTOLL2
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arcticblast
I missed it. What exactly was the C6 recall?
recall 9.15 for clutch pedal goes to floor after hydraulic fluid blows out. They say wrong fluid which is bs or high pressure pulse during clutch self adjustment. I fixed it before I got the recall, put in new master but it went out last weekend. Had to drive home without using clutch which was an adventure.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:36 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Wooohaaaa, here we go! :-)
Old 06-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Pterr
6th Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

Default 2005 vette ignition problem

Originally Posted by peter pan
That recall was in Oct 2011, going on 3 years old, not many recalls over the years on Vettes, must be a well made car
Has anyone heard of a 2005 vette starting spontaneously in reverse when the driver's side door opens and the driver is not yet in the car?? I don't see a recall for this potentially very serious problem nor can I find any mention of it ever happening--except it did.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:59 PM
Pterr
6th Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Pterr
Has anyone heard of a 2005 vette starting spontaneously in reverse when the driver's side door opens and the driver is not yet in the car?? I don't see a recall for this potentially very serious problem nor can I find any mention of it ever happening--except it did.
. By the way this is a 6 speed that has to be parked in reverse in order to shut down the car.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:43 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by peter pan
That recall was in Oct 2011, going on 3 years old, not many recalls over the years on Vettes, must be a well made car
I just got a letter (but not a recall) that this does apply to my 2005 Corvette via VIN number and some other 2005 Corvettes may have a condition where the wire harness connector from the seat side airbag and buckle tensioner to the body has a design interference between the vertical adjust crossbar and the carpet. When the seat is moved forward or back, the connector may be dragged along the carpet, pulling the terminals loose or pulling the connector apart. This will cause a diagnostic trouble code to be set and the service airbag light will be illuminated.

Letter states not to take your car into dealership as a result of this letter unless your vehicle has condition as described above.

Letter says GM is providing owners additional protection for the condition described above. If this condition occurs on your 2005 Chevrolet Corvette within 10 years of the date vehicle was originally placed in service or 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired for you at no charge. Diagnosis or repair for conditons other than the conditon described above is not covered under this special coverage program.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:04 PM
corvette312
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Pterr
. By the way this is a 6 speed that has to be parked in reverse in order to shut down the car.

Park in reverse, is this for all C6 or just for the 2005 ??
Old 06-09-2016, 01:48 AM
SweetBlueZ51
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS WON
I just got a letter (but not a recall)...
Received the letter as well, but I already had a issue like this resolved many years ago amongst a slew of other things that I had to fight tooth & nail for in several different service departments to get fixed under warranty. I had to live in the dealerships for the first few years, but once problems were worked out it has been a pure joy of a vehicle!

Originally Posted by corvette312
Park in reverse, is this for all C6 or just for the 2005 ??
Just '05.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:00 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by SweetBlueZ51
Received the letter as well, but I already had a issue like this resolved many years ago amongst a slew of other things that I had to fight tooth & nail for in several different service departments to get fixed under warranty. I had to live in the dealerships for the first few years, but once problems were worked out it has been a pure joy of a vehicle!

Just '05.
Mine has been pretty much trouble free at 62,000 miles. Had a few recalls like the targa top but nothing broke or fell off. Had gas cap and cable mechanism replaced. Had oil pan gasket replaced.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:28 AM
RobLo
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 289 Likes on 193 Posts

Letter says GM is providing owners additional protection for the condition described above. If this condition occurs on your 2005 Chevrolet Corvette within 10 years of the date vehicle was originally placed in service or 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired for you at no charge. Diagnosis or repair for conditons other than the conditon described above is not covered under this special coverage program.
Maybe I'm not understanding but wouldn't this exclude all '05s? They're all over 10 years old...
Old 06-09-2016, 06:12 PM
SweetBlueZ51
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RobLo
...wouldn't this exclude all '05s? They're all over 10 years old...
You have a point there, but I guess there might be some leftover '05's that were originally placed in sevice late (say, 9/06?) so they would still have time to get it fixed under warranty or put in for reimbursement.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:21 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RobLo
Maybe I'm not understanding but wouldn't this exclude all '05s? They're all over 10 years old...
??
Old 07-04-2016, 07:12 PM
1FastAzzC6
Instructor

Default Recall???

Originally Posted by TomcatMF
I think that recall only applies to the C5 since the C6 doesn't have a key ignition.
I'm curious about this. I have received info from gmail but it referredTo the wiring harness dragging on the passenger seat, IF I remember
Correctly. My Vette will be at my local dealership soon, to have quite a
Few things done, that is if I can ever recieve my front spoiler and 1 other
Item from Ecklers CORVETTE. But if my car is included, id like to get ALL
recalls taken care of while they have it. Thanks. Rob
Old 07-04-2016, 10:20 PM
1FastAzzC6
Instructor

Default Wow. Thanks so much

I just got a letter (but not a recall) that this does apply to my 2005 Corvette via VIN number and some other 2005 Corvettes may have a condition where the wire harness connector from the seat side airbag and buckle tensioner to the body has a design interference between the vertical adjust crossbar and the carpet. When the seat is moved forward or back, the connector may be dragged along the carpet, pulling the terminals loose or pulling the connector apart. This will cause a diagnostic trouble code to be set and the service airbag light will be illuminated.

Letter states not to take your car into dealership as a result of this letter unless your vehicle has condition as described above.

After reading this, everything is clear. Every once in awhile my passenger Airbag light would come on but not always. Fyi to all 2006 owners. Mine
Is a Z51, 6 speed convertible but I've no idea if this recall is specific to
Make/ year/ model etc but mine is sure doing it so
I can't thank you enough as I've received nothing from Chevrolet and I
Bought my car new in 2006. Per my other post, I'm taking my car in soon so I'm glad I now know. They sure are going to fix it. THANKS MUCH!! ROB
Old 07-04-2016, 11:52 PM
Zero_6
Drifting

Received 165 Likes on 111 Posts

I just got my letter regarding the airbag light issue. It comes and goes if I choose to use the exit/enter option when getting out/in the Vette. I turned that option off and no more issue but since it's free to repair, I'll get it done. Mine is a 2008 A6.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:18 AM
1FastAzzC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Zero_6
I just got my letter regarding the airbag light issue. It comes and goes if I choose to use the exit/enter option when getting out/in the Vette. I turned that option off and no more issue but since it's free to repair, I'll get it done. Mine is a 2008 A6.
Ok, thanks. It's been very odd for me as I drive my car maybe once a month. And every time something weird happens, I must admit, as long as I can drive her normally, I petty much don't pay it much attention.What is irritating, is even tho she's a 2006, sometimes I feel my Vettes
Cockpit is more complex than the jets I fly! But you're very right, it's free
So I'm going to make my friends at my dealership give my Vette a
COMPLETE technical once over. Geeez, with all the other stuff iM having
Done, they are gonna have it for 3 days!! Good Lord!! What is going on with all these recalls? Gm, Honda, Toyota.....??? Well even tho my baby
Is 10 years old now, I can't complain. She's never once left me stranded
Nor have I had the first problem of any kind NOTHING! WELL, AGAIN,
Sincere thanks to you, I really appreciate it. Take care
Old 07-05-2016, 12:28 AM
LawrenceFromTorrance
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 113 Posts

This has happened on my 2009 Z06 but I haven't received any recall notice?
Old 07-05-2016, 12:50 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RobsC6Z51w/508hp
Ok, thanks. It's been very odd for me as I drive my car maybe once a month. And every time something weird happens, I must admit, as long as I can drive her normally, I petty much don't pay it much attention.What is irritating, is even tho she's a 2006, sometimes I feel my Vettes
Cockpit is more complex than the jets I fly! But you're very right, it's free
So I'm going to make my friends at my dealership give my Vette a
COMPLETE technical once over. Geeez, with all the other stuff iM having
Done, they are gonna have it for 3 days!! Good Lord!! What is going on with all these recalls? Gm, Honda, Toyota.....??? Well even tho my baby
Is 10 years old now, I can't complain. She's never once left me stranded
Nor have I had the first problem of any kind NOTHING! WELL, AGAIN,
Sincere thanks to you, I really appreciate it. Take care
Mine is 10+ years here too and Mine has not left me stranded neither. I am still on the original battery too.

Get notified of new replies

To * * * * GM Recall does include C6s (MERGED) * * * *

Old 07-05-2016, 04:18 AM
1FastAzzC6
Instructor

Mine is 10+ years here too and Mine has not left me stranded neither. I am still on the original battery too.
That's amazing! You got me on that one, I'm on my third but it's to be expected with my underdrive pulleys. Take care, drive safe! Rob
Old 03-12-2017, 10:24 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Looks like this thread has ended.

On a good note I did get to register my 08, after complying with the emission recall notice, so called.

No more bolt ons, which I do miss, but then no registration worries either which is better.

Now what to do about Trump?

Always something to worry about that needs fixing.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:34 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer111
Looks like this thread has ended.

On a good note I did get to register my 08, after complying with the emission recall notice, so called.

No more bolt ons, which I do miss, but then no registration worries either which is better.

Now what to do about Trump?

Always something to worry about that needs fixing.

Not a darn thing to do about President Trump...just let him do his job!

MAGA
The following 6 users liked this post by ufso:
johnusa (03-16-2017), Joni Lynn (03-12-2017), mlicker (03-13-2017), need-for-speed (03-28-2017), Sabre34 (03-13-2017), serelaw (07-05-2017) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: * * * * GM Recall does include C6s (MERGED) * * * *