C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* * * * GM Recall does include C6s (MERGED) * * * *

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 10:00 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 654 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
A Customer Satisfaction Program (CSP) is enacted to modify a vehicle in order to provide a non-safety related product improvement after delivery of the vehicle. Involved vehicles are identified by VIN and affected customers are formally notified of the CSP.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Dear William R. of Chevy Customer Care:

My low beams failed, at night, a few years ago, and I traced the problem to the fuse box. I even pulled the box from the car and confirmed the temperature at which the cracked wire caused the low-beam circuit to open using a test oven at our lab at work. I reported the incident and the results of my experiment to the NHTSA.

I replaced the fusebox with a new one purchased at the Chevy dealer parts counter. Who do I contact for reimbursement?
Old 05-15-2014, 10:01 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Better hurry up and get it fixed before GM says it's "normal"...
Old 05-15-2014, 10:10 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Old 05-15-2014, 10:27 PM
schizcat
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by hdkeno
Guess Ill have to stop driving after the streetlights come on......
Im just gonna mount KC spotlights. This way I can see the road and scare hogs out of hiding
Old 05-15-2014, 10:30 PM
Toney
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LawrenceFromTorrance
I wonder if your ballasts were fine and they just replaced the wire? Honestly what's the chance that both ballasts go out?
Left one went out, was biking to work a lot, thought it was just a bulb, didn't sweat it. Right side went out a couple of months later, bought 2 new bulbs from a vendor here and they didn't work....took the car to a dealership with the old bulbs back in. They charged me for 2 ballasts and labor, $1100 later I was back on the road. No issues since. They handed me the bad ballasts in a box.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:49 PM
RadarP3C
Race Director

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by godzilladude
What the heck does will be covered under a Customer Satisfaction Program mean?
Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
A Customer Satisfaction Program (CSP) is enacted to modify a vehicle in order to provide a non-safety related product improvement after delivery of the vehicle. Involved vehicles are identified by VIN and affected customers are formally notified of the CSP.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
How can a headlight problem not be "safety" related?
Old 05-15-2014, 11:28 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by torquetube

My low beams failed, at night, a few years ago, and I traced the problem to the fuse box. I even pulled the box from the car and confirmed the temperature at which the cracked wire caused the low-beam circuit to open using a test oven at our lab at work. I reported the incident and the results of my experiment to the NHTSA.

I replaced the fusebox with a new one purchased at the Chevy dealer parts counter. Who do I contact for reimbursement?
Thanks for your post,

I do apologize to read about that occurrence. Please contact me privately at your convenience to further discuss this situation.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-16-2014, 12:11 AM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Cybernetic Medic
My biggest concern is I don't want them working on my car.
Me either. Show me the wire and I'll fix it.....
Old 05-16-2014, 12:33 AM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Toney
Legit question...Let's say I spent $1139 at my local dealership in February of 2013 to get both HID ballasts replaced on my 2005 because they both went out and I couldn't drive my car past 6pm (without blinding everyone with the high beams)...would they reimburse the money spent since they're now acknowledging it was an issue?
Couldn't a normal aftermarket ballast be used in place of the stock one? That's what I would have tried. $30.....
Old 05-16-2014, 01:14 AM
AngelDeath
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know this is coming from left field, and I am not taking sides, but you do know the faulty wire isnt the builders fault, its the design teams fault and the purchasing dept.'s fault.

And I agree headlights are a safety issue not a non-safety mod. Unless they have to put it under that because if they put all of them under a recall they would have to admit fault and incur lawsuits? Just a thought.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:24 AM
JOEMC08C6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Triumph Jerry
Did anyone of "US" have any headlight problems?
I haven't read about any, ...I'll try another search.
I had my headlights go out on my way back from Oklahoma City to Denver. It was just before a toll gate in Kansas on I35. Pulled over to the side and tried to figure out if I did anything and then they started operating again. I attributed it to being a rather novice with the car.
Monkeyed around with the switches and finally started working again.
I didn't mess with it much after it started working. I have a 2008 Coupe.

Guess, I'll be asking them about it. Fortunately, it was just dusk or I'd have been stuck on the Turnpike. And that's really the only time it happened. Of course if it happened when you're doing 75 and suddenly it's pitch black that could be a more serious situation!
Old 05-16-2014, 07:21 AM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 308 Likes on 198 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Cybernetic Medic
My biggest concern is I don't want them working on my car.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:38 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahzuz
Talking about recalls, i have one pending for top seperation since a few years, will they still fix it for free?
Yes you can. I don't believe recalls ever expire.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:00 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Respectfully, I hope that you have reported to your CEO that many of us here in the C6 world have a big issue with the air bag warning light. There are dozens of threads about this problem. Many of us have contacted GM, filed paper work with the NTSB, even some have gone to the press. I would hope Mary is aware of the air bag problems on the C6 so that if she is called in front of another Congressional Committee, she will be fully informed. I believe that the problem is related to a defective design of the connectors underneath the seat. I believe that some Buick were already recalled for this issue but I don't have the details.

All we owners want is this C6 air bag system problem to be resolved without having us solder the leads permanently in place. I believe this issue to be much more important that the current headlight issue the recall campaign. IMHO GM's recall priorities are all wrong.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:08 AM
schizcat
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 121 Posts

So my question is when do we find out if our cars are on the recall list? I don't want to wait until something happens before I get a letter.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Originally Posted by Ahzuz
Talking about recalls, i have one pending for top seperation since a few years, will they still fix it for free?
Hey there,

Although I cannot guarantee anything, I can look into this further for you. Feel free to PM us your VIN, and I can let you know. I will keep an eye out for your response. Have a great day!

Jennie R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-16-2014, 03:52 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St Jude Donor '14

what about harmonic balencers,poorly machined heads on the Z06s and a bunch of other stuff I can't even think of right now>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>??????

Get notified of new replies

To * * * * GM Recall does include C6s (MERGED) * * * *

Old 05-16-2014, 05:31 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Originally Posted by Flame Red

Respectfully, I hope that you have reported to your CEO that many of us here in the C6 world have a big issue with the air bag warning light. There are dozens of threads about this problem. Many of us have contacted GM, filed paper work with the NTSB, even some have gone to the press. I would hope Mary is aware of the air bag problems on the C6 so that if she is called in front of another Congressional Committee, she will be fully informed. I believe that the problem is related to a defective design of the connectors underneath the seat. I believe that some Buick were already recalled for this issue but I don't have the details.

All we owners want is this C6 air bag system problem to be resolved without having us solder the leads permanently in place. I believe this issue to be much more important that the current headlight issue the recall campaign. IMHO GM's recall priorities are all wrong.

Hey there,

Will is currently out of the office, but I wanted to let you know that we are have documented these concerns into our system. Please feel free to private message us, if anyone has questions on this, and we will do our best to answer them. Thank you for sharing this very important information with us, we greatly appreciate it.

Jennie R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

It is a recall, big deal. I am not going to blame GM, blame unions, CRY, POUT or DEMAND satisfaction, like some of our members .
I will get it fixed when I get my letter.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:53 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Many of us have screamed about the air bag light / under seat connector issue for years and also reported it to the NTSB with virtually no response. If safety is really an issue how about a recall to fix this issue finally. Chevy Rep: pass this along to GM's new CEO Mary.

As far as the headlight issue goes, give me the new fuse box and I'll put it in before I let the dealer's monkeys put their hands under my hood.

Quick Reply: * * * * GM Recall does include C6s (MERGED) * * * *