C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory NAV Installation...VSS Wire in a 3LT

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 12:22 PM
1SGRET
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Default Factory NAV Installation...VSS Wire in a 3LT

In 2008 I installed a factory NAV unit in my '07 3LT coupe that was Bose equipped and did not have any issues, the VSS wire in pin D of the 12 pin connector must have been present because it worked flawlessly. I am presently in the process of installing a factory NAV unit in my 2011 3LT Bose equipped Convertible. I want factory NAV and an updated console with the USB connector. I got a virtually brand new NAV unit, GM part number 20856087 off ebay with the NAV cd for $421 a couple weeks ago. I ordered the necessary components to include a modded NAV-4 harness from ray@kawal.net. I ordered the parts prior to disassembly. I have explained all this just to say that my 2011 3LT already has the NAV harness in place and the 12 pin connector has the green and white VSS wire in pin D. Hope this info can be of some help along with cost and time saving to anyone considering installing a factory NAV in a 3LT.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:26 AM
mrscribner
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this mean when you purchased the radio it was a plug & play installation? I have the same veh w/the Bose system w/o nav & want to also install a nav radio.

Quick Reply: Factory NAV Installation...VSS Wire in a 3LT