C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Basic Corvette service in Scottsdale AZ – dealer or independent shop?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 04:37 PM
Dave_C6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Basic Corvette service in Scottsdale AZ – dealer or independent shop?

Just got off the phone with the service department at the local corvette dealer here in Scottsdale. The price they quoted to change oil and filter, drain and flush radiator, replace all coolant hoses and serpentine belt was close to $1,100. I don't know, that seems high to me. Would appreciate any recommendations for a decent shop that can provide basic service. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:53 PM
The Inspector
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave_C6
Just got off the phone with the service department at the local corvette dealer here in Scottsdale. The price they quoted to change oil and filter, drain and flush radiator, replace all coolant hoses and serpentine belt was close to $1,100. I don't know, that seems high to me. Would appreciate any recommendations for a decent shop that can provide basic service. Thanks.
Hi Dave - We have only had our C6 about a month but I had Sean at Top Gear Motorsports in Mesa check her out when we bought it. I was impressed with him and his shop. He came highly recommended and does specialize in Corvettes. His number is 480-461-0240. Tell him Toby recommended him if you give him a call.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:31 AM
eddie44
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03

You're going to have to get out of N Snottsdale if you want to find a competent Vette shop. I'd give Joe at CPR in Mesa 480-359-5914 a call. You can also find him over on AZ Corvette Enthusiasts (Google it).
Old 07-15-2014, 12:57 AM
child_of_fire
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

one should know NEVER to go to a dealer for service. they are not competent.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:00 AM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Just a flush, oil change, hoses and belts? Any shop can do that and do it just as well as the "premier Corvette service facility."
Old 07-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Dave_C6
Racer

Thanks for the information guys. Appreciate your help.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:15 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

IMO where you take your Corvette for service depends on what you're doing to the car. I rarely use a dealership but there are certain things a dealership is better able to handle than an independent shop. You don't, however, need a dealership for routine maintenance. There are several good independent shops in the Phoenix area that know Corvettes.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Mr July
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used Vette Culture in North Mesa. Goggle them for more info.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Tbong
Racer

I wish I did not have to use the dealer. No Corvette specialty shops here.

Chevy charged me $800 to flush the radiator, change the brake and clutch fluids, steering fluids, Rear differential fluids, oil and filter, I did not think to have the belts and hoses changed....but they did not think it needed them as I told them I wanted EVERYTHING the car needed or was borderline fixed. They found a "weeping" oil pan gasket....I had them change it. and no TPMS sensors (had them done for half of Chevy price at a tire store.

Still looking for a Corvette Specialty shop close by for regular maintenance. Although the next owner would probably love to see the Chevy receipts for maintenance.

They will know
1 I was not afraid to spend money on the car.
2. I did things "just because" rather than waiting for things to go bad.

Get notified of new replies

To Basic Corvette service in Scottsdale AZ – dealer or independent shop?

Quick Reply: Basic Corvette service in Scottsdale AZ – dealer or independent shop?