C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new gs and tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 08:26 PM
slapshot12
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

The Michelin PSS are likely my choice, just looking at all of the options. I also plan to get a street alignment when the new tires go on. My rears are wearing more than the fronts, but I don't know the tire history on the car. I've only had it for a couple months and 1k miles. The fronts may have been replaced already.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:27 PM
JimmyLee
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 200 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Huskerman
I had my front wheel off on my 10 GS to check brake pads and looked at my Potenza RFT's with 12K on them and they look great. Stock brake pads were good also with 34K on the car.......I also had a street alignment done when I put the tires on....
Like your report Huskerman. I'm also at 12k with my Potenza RFT's and they look great. I had the street alignment too. My 2010 GS has 24K miles and it's good to hear that your brakes are looking good at 34K.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:41 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by lavla
I've posted these pictures before, but for the benefit of the thread starter and anyone interested, here they are again. I replaced my OEM tires at 8,000 miles after a slash blowout on the right rear tire. In light of the fact that the tread was low, I decided to replace all four tires with the Bridgestone run flats. I had Michelin tires on my C5 and C6 but the reviews on the Bridgestones were great and they were at least $500 less than the Michelins. Because of that, I figured I'd give them a shot. So far, I've got 1,000 miles on them and they've been fantastic.
FRONTS

REARS
you runnin lawn mower tires in the front?
Old 08-05-2014, 01:51 AM
Flying Low
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cegusa
Congrats on your purchase. I'm sure you will soon discover if you haven't already it was worth the wait. I just put the Michelin Pilot Super Sports non RF on my GS at just over 10k miles and it's like a different car.
Hey cegusa, how much air pressure are you running in the rear with the Pilot ss? Just got the same, but with the AS3 on front.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:18 AM
bontrager
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Don-Vette
Love my Hankook non RF at a fraction of the cost.

I had these on my C5 before I sold it. it a very good tire for the price but the side walls are soft which hampers cornering ability; based on that I would not buy them again.

if price is a major consideration then you will be satisfied with them.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,831 Likes on 1,969 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by slapshot12
How do the Bridgestone RF's compare to the road noise and harsh ride of the GY's?

....road noise is minimal and the ride is not near as bad.....it is stiffer than a non rft though but not enough to worry about in my book...
Old 08-05-2014, 11:31 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by bontrager
I had these on my C5 before I sold it. it a very good tire for the price but the side walls are soft which hampers cornering ability; based on that I would not buy them again.

if price is a major consideration then you will be satisfied with them.

These are the brand new EVO 2'S just came out in April cornering sidewall flex is greatly reduced. These are the K120 not the older K110 you speak of.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:50 AM
HumanWiki
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Originally Posted by Don-Vette
These are the brand new EVO 2'S just came out in April cornering sidewall flex is greatly reduced. These are the K120 not the older K110 you speak of.

Just had a set of those put on my GS not too long ago. I'm enjoying the tire personally and it sucks so much less in Chicago (with crap roads) than the OE Tires... Wet/Dry has improved. I do notice more side wall flex than the runflats, but that was expected (and manageable). These seem to make more noise when cornering than the OEs do. The GYs were very, very quiet -even when spinning or sliding. The Evo2s def let you know audibly.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:23 PM
NHDave
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I like my Bridgestones

Originally Posted by slapshot12
How do the Bridgestone RF's compare to the road noise and harsh ride of the GY's?
I replaced my OE GY's a month ago and went to the Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position RFT's and I couldn't be happier. They are much quieter, they don't track the wheel depressions on the road and they stick like glue on dry and wet pavement with no hydroplaning. I have about 1200 miles on them, they look to be wearing well but I'll know better after I get some more miles on them.

Quick Reply: new gs and tires