C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Partition on Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 09:52 AM
RRIXX
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Partition on Convertible

More often than not when attempting to put my top down, I get the error code that the trunk partition needs to be attached. Mine seems to come off so easily, usually the right side. Even with what I would consider a normal closing of the trunk it seems to pop off. Does anyone have a fix for this? What's really annoying is that you cannot open your trunk to reattach it until you've secured the roof again. The remote and interior trunk opener does not work with the top unsecured. Not a big deal but annoying.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:56 AM
YouKnowWho711
Advanced

Originally Posted by RRIXX
More often than not when attempting to put my top down, I get the error code that the trunk partition needs to be attached. Mine seems to come off so easily, usually the right side. Even with what I would consider a normal closing of the trunk it seems to pop off. Does anyone have a fix for this? What's really annoying is that you cannot open your trunk to reattach it until you've secured the roof again. The remote and interior trunk opener does not work with the top unsecured. Not a big deal but annoying.

It's really simple. Where the partition latches on (the top right corner) there's a little black button that recognizes that the partition is fully clicked into place. I personally took the button off and securely taped it so that it thinks there's always pressure on it..ie, partition is up. Then, after realizing how little trunk space I had, I completely removed the partition and practically doubled my trunk area. As long as you're aware of what's back there, and don't try to put the top down with a trunk full of groceries, I see now problem with what I did. It's been three years now and that was one of my best 15 minute mods.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:59 AM
RRIXX
Instructor

Originally Posted by YouKnowWho711
It's really simple. Where the partition latches on (the top right corner) there's a little black button that recognizes that the partition is fully clicked into place. I personally took the button off and securely taped it so that it thinks there's always pressure on it..ie, partition is up. Then, after realizing how little trunk space I had, I completely removed the partition and practically doubled my trunk area. As long as you're aware of what's back there, and don't try to put the top down with a trunk full of groceries, I see now problem with what I did. It's been three years now and that was one of my best 15 minute mods.
Great idea, thanks.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:05 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Just be extra careful that there isn't something in the trunk when you put the top down....if it comes down onto something, it can break the glass window. This window is one piece with the top, so it will be a very expensive mistake.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:43 PM
Sarone
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by YouKnowWho711
Do you by chance have a picture of this button or its location? I need to do this as well and can't find it. I'm not savvy enough to solder/bypass like some of the other guys. Smarter not harder works for me.

Thanks!
Old 06-23-2018, 01:37 PM
vettefool
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarone
Do you by chance have a picture of this button or its location? I need to do this as well and can't find it. I'm not savvy enough to solder/bypass like some of the other guys. Smarter not harder works for me.

Thanks!
could I get some input from people who have removed this conv. Partition? Mine seems to be more prone to come loose as time goes on. I would just like to get rid of this item and problem once and for all. I know it’s there to protect glass on top, butI just want to put soft clothing items, i.e. sweatshirts, extra cleaning towels, etc. in that space. how is the best way to secure switch so it thinks partition is latched? Thanks
Old 06-23-2018, 08:09 PM
DEV-06C6
Instructor

A drop or so of Crazy Glue takes care of the switch. That's what I ended up doing.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:19 PM
tlcj
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Saron, The button is under where the right or passenger side partition snaps on. I added a washer to fully depress the switch. This will not help if your partition does not snap on securely.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:21 PM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

A photo would be very helpful.

Get notified of new replies

To Rear Partition on Convertible

Quick Reply: Rear Partition on Convertible