C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show us your C6 interior!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 03:19 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by C6ROLLER
awesome job buddy....
Old 08-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Chris80
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All are fantastic looking interiors

Here is mine.
Attached Images  
Old 08-31-2014, 01:02 PM
mbsigman
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

[QUOTE=Chris80;1587710723]All are fantastic looking interiors

Interior finally done (I think!)
Well, after saving my shekels and doing it piecemeal over the years, I think I can say I'm finally done with my 07 Coupe interior. If I can remember all of 'em:

D shaped steering wheel is the latest mod. Apsis
Leather airbag cover. Apsis.
Both of these were custom built to my specs. Jersey can be quite a character, but quality is absolutely first rate.

Also from Apsis are the elbow saver pads on the door armrests. I had these on the original door panels and liked them so much I transferred them to the new door panels.

Carbon fiber instrument pods and steering wheel pods. Apsis again.

Dash and center console are GM 4LT products from the dealership where I purchased the car - they take REALLY good care of me. 4LT was not offered in 07 when I purchased the car new, so when I finally got ready to pull the trigger the service manager called GM Zone who told him that parts from a 2011 would work. They did the install.

Center console lid from local upholstery shop.

Gear shift and parking brake boots from Redline. They were supposed to be soft and supple; they are neither. But too much hassle to change them so they remain. Look good, though.

Door panels are from Downsouth. Very nice people and very high quality. Door panels just...feel....and, yeah, ok - smell...good!

LED lighting throughout, from Autolumination. Another huge difference.

Upgraded speakers from DoubleD. Was a little skeptical prior to ordering, but Steve knows his shiznitz and boy howdy what a difference. Dealer installed the new speakers when they installed the door panels; true plug and play, just like Steve said. BIG, BIG difference. Highly recommend the folks there!

Kick panels and door sill upgrades. Lloyd's floor mats. I wish I could upgrade the carpet, but haven't found anything I'd like yet.

Entire interior was insulated using Crazy Cowboy kit and was professionally installed by 21st Century MuscleCars in the DFW area. What John and the good folks at 21st Century don't know about Vettes is not worth knowing. I know there are lots of people on this forum with the mechanical talent to take on this type of project (and the dash/center console swapout), but I ain't one of 'em!! If I were wearing a hat, I'd be tipping it to you.

But this was way over my pay grade, and seeing my interior on my brand new car completely gutted was not for the faint of heart. They did a super job (three techs knocked it out in one day) and they also installed the thermal tunnel plate. Since this mod was performed cabin heat is simply not an issue and the car is much quieter. Some use Dynomat and I looked at that but found the preformed Crazy Cowboy kit worked better for me. I also have those thick foam mats that go under the rear cargo floor mat and behind the seats underneath the carpet, and those work really well also. (For the life of me I can't remember where I got 'em, but that company is also on the forum.)

As you can probably tell by now, I'm more into smoothness and a (relatively) quiet ride as opposed to massive performance. This car goes like a maniac; don't need any more!!

Can't remember where I got that relay cover plaque, but I really like it. The people who produced them were on this forum at one point. Oil cap is from CorvetteMods.

So the car has been de-plasticized. When I sit in it now (and yeah, I freely admit: after 7 years I still go out to the garage and just sit in it!) it just feels and smells terrific. I'm one of those rare people who actually find the seat confortable, especially on long drives, so no plans on replacing those. I do plan on keeping the car for a long, long time - the Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

Mike
Attached Images
Old 08-31-2014, 01:04 PM
mbsigman
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, shoot. Can't figure out how to cut/paste those pix from my previous thread, so here's the link. Perhaps someone with more tech-savvy than me can figure out how to cut and paste the pix from the link into this thread.

Forgot to mention the billet radio ***** and seat back handles that were added.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1585936725
Old 09-02-2014, 12:41 AM
vara411
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mbsigman
Well, shoot. Can't figure out how to cut/paste those pix from my previous thread, so here's the link. Perhaps someone with more tech-savvy than me can figure out how to cut and paste the pix from the link into this thread.

Forgot to mention the billet radio ***** and seat back handles that were added.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1585936725
^^^ Very nice! Thanks for sharing!!!
Old 09-07-2014, 09:58 PM
vara411
Burning Brakes

Anyone else???
Old 10-14-2014, 01:53 PM
vara411
Burning Brakes

Bump
Old 10-14-2014, 02:11 PM
HarleyB
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

'08 1LT - added Hurst ball, center console rest (Gene Culley), red CORVETTE lettering, and Caravaggio "D" bottom stg wheel w/APSIS caps to match center console.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:54 PM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Just added this red and black leather shift **** and boot to my 3LT. The red isn't this bright in person.
Attached Images  

Last edited by C6ROLLER; 10-14-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:33 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

just plain black here.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:48 PM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyB
'08 1LT - added Hurst ball, center console rest (Gene Culley), red CORVETTE lettering, and Caravaggio "D" bottom stg wheel w/APSIS caps to match center console.
1LT or not, that looks awesome!

Quick Reply: Show us your C6 interior!