C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slowest cars that think they're fast...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 07:50 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

The guys in the middle 80's to early 90's family cars like Buick's or Oldsmobile, 4 doors and they drive like it is a C6-R on a road course. The car bouncing trying to smooth out the ride and squealing the tires.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:03 PM
juanvaldez
Team Owner

Received 493 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostC6
The guys in the middle 80's to early 90's family cars like Buick's or Oldsmobile, 4 doors and they drive like it is a C6-R on a road course. The car bouncing trying to smooth out the ride and squealing the tires.
Any car when I'm on a motorcycle.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:07 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by juanvaldez
Any car when I'm on a motorcycle.
Guys on Motorcycles!
Old 11-13-2014, 09:04 PM
C6 Snowboarder
Race Director

Received 684 Likes on 372 Posts

Every car on the road except a Tesla - there is a lot of them around here but all are pretty conservative -- SO FAR!

Not sure I want to mess with one of them..
Old 11-14-2014, 12:45 PM
RichKiss
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1094
Living here in the middle of the American auto industry I don't take anything for granted. You just never know what's under the hood of that stock looking Mustang or Camaro. Same holds true for stock looking Vettes. I just mind my own business and keep my insurance rates as low as possible without tickets. There are truly some scary fast stock appearing cars on the streets of S.E. Michigan.

Scott
Old 11-14-2014, 01:24 PM
TxLefty
Le Mans Master

Received 881 Likes on 572 Posts

When I was a kid, I made my Saturday night date money racing on Friday night. No fun anymore. They passed a law here that makes you responsible for the other guy in a street race. If he kills himself, you could be up for a manslaughter charge. Besides, I don't want to be the only 60 year old in jail on Friday night.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:43 PM
09C6inWA
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RedVelvetC6
Bragging about racing in a Prius is like bragging you nailed a fugly chick
Old 11-15-2014, 08:30 AM
bucwheat
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

WRX,a joke against a GS
Old 11-15-2014, 10:07 AM
hig4s
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Racer
Some pretty funny stuff in there.

I was under the impression that Prius drivers were, as a group, educated people in terms of at least knowing how to put together a properly worded sentence. I must have been badly mistaken.
Yeah, funny stuff. I had a Prius "race" me the other day pulling on to the freeway on a two lane entrance ramp. I went 1st, 2nd then short shifted to 4th before I realized we were racing, and then I was laughing too hard to manage to down shift back to the power band.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:38 PM
trebor8008
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Lately around here it's been the Focus ST. Not bad for a small econo box but not all that fast either. Other than that every other driver in Mid- Michigan has a fast car(in their mind).
Old 11-15-2014, 02:57 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by hig4s
Yeah, funny stuff. I had a Prius "race" me the other day pulling on to the freeway on a two lane entrance ramp. I went 1st, 2nd then short shifted to 4th before I realized we were racing, and then I was laughing too hard to manage to down shift back to the power band.
I wish the Prius owners around here would race. Not because I want to embarrass them or because I'm in desperate need of an easy win. Because it would get those righteous assh*oles out of the f*cking way!

Originally Posted by trebor8008
Lately around here it's been the Focus ST. Not bad for a small econo box but not all that fast either. Other than that every other driver in Mid- Michigan has a fast car(in their mind).
Whenever a redesigned sporty model gets high praises from MT or C&D, the new owners think they dominate the streets. They don't quite understand their car did well in it's category, not against all other cars. The Focus ST and VW GTI are prime examples.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:08 PM
Dendk
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The worst offenders here are guys on motorcycles, they seem to want to display there power to weight ratio every time they see anything that looks fast.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:51 PM
jkeithv
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dendk
The worst offenders here are guys on motorcycles, they seem to want to display there power to weight ratio every time they see anything that looks fast.
Was next to a sport bike last week, rider and his hot gf. She looked over and said "Trade ya." I said, "Yours is faster." She shrugged and said "But that's hot!" Made me feel warm inside!

Biggest offenders here in OK are all the guys with diesel pickups and loud exhaust that just makes them sound like tractors. Seem to all think they're in Lambos.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:45 AM
yada
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 weeks ago I was driving home from the bank in my daily 2.0 non turbo lancer. At a light a dip **** in an orange civic si gunned it at the light chirping 1/2 gear as I take off hard but not going all out, I let up so this dip **** lets off so as I speed up again so does he. I gas it again to make him speed uo then I slam on the brakes to get over to the right and I cant help but laugh thinking boy you dont wanna race my other car.

Im thinking hes telling all his buddies how he drug a 120 hp lancer all over the road. As I pulled into my apartment complex I busted out laughing thinking buddy you dont want me to get my other car (14 mustang 5.0)

I think mustangs wanna race vettes because when modded some owners think that 5.0 are the class of the world. Smart owners realize how special vettes performance are.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:50 AM
high9s
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeithv

Biggest offenders here in OK are all the guys with diesel pickups and loud exhaust that just makes them sound like tractors. Seem to all think they're in Lambos.

Don't take them lightly, I have been out of the diesel scene for six years now, so I can only imagine what their capable of. I had an 01 Dodge 2500 Cummins diesel that made 610rwhp and 1250 ft lbs of torque. It ran a 12.1@110mph and it weighed 7000 lbs.

I was dead even with my buddies C5 Z06 we did three pulls in a row...he wasn't happy.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:01 AM
Wetrudgeon
Pro

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

The other day some young fellow in a little VW "econobox" (Golf? Rabbit? Squirrel?) came zooming up beside us and indicated he wanted some of the GS. Don't read minds, but his actions made clear he believed his VW was quite formidable. Maybe it was. Never seen a fast VW, but we admit we don't get out much. We declined to dust this gentleman off, as it seemed a waste of fuel. After all, we could hardly come on this board seeking glory for dispensing with a VW...

Sorry for off topic, but the the VW pilot reminded us of another experience a couple months ago when we were out on the Triumph Rocket III and got challenged by a youngster two up with his sweetie on a HD Sportster. For those unfamiliar, the Triumph Rocket is a big (800lb) cruiser motorcycle with a big (140 bhp) motor. Not as fast as the sports bikes, but a Sportster two up against a Rocket is very bad luck. For the Sportster. Still, the young fellow gave every indication that he expected to prevail in an acceleration contest. We normally don't race, but on that occasion the youngster was practically begging; and we succombed to temptation. The young couple were grinning when we started. We could not see their facial expressions after that, as the Rocket's rear view mirrors get a bit "fuzzy" when we apply the whip.

From these (admittedly limited) experiences, we surmise that those who like to street race their VW's and Sportster's have poor victim selection skills.

We trudge on.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Richard F
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

Why does it seem like everyone in a junker tries to pull up as close to your back bumper as they can at a stop sign or light.....is it just me or what....
Back when I was still on the job....people would pull up beside me and stomp on it or spin the tires etc. When they slowed and I pulled up along side...I just showed them my old 5 Star Badge....lots of brake lights and people turning off after that....I guess they don't think peace officers can afford a nice car....
Had my car at the dealer one day and overheard a customer telling another one....that car belongs to a cop....he showed me his badge one day when I was trying to race him...ha...then he saw me and I just had to laugh...

Get notified of new replies

To Slowest cars that think they're fast...

Old 11-17-2014, 03:27 PM
mhatton222
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Trucks with lift kits and aftermarket exhaust
Old 11-17-2014, 04:10 PM
M Kurz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'll show you

Originally Posted by RedVelvetC6
That "Do people hate Corvettes" thread had me thinking, and now I think it would be fun for you all to chime in.

What cars or car/driver combos do you think are the worst offenders on the road of truly seeming to believe their car is a contender? I've always driven fast vehicles and I'm amazed at who is out there driving aggressively and trying to pass.

Hope nobody gets offended, this is all in good fun. Try to avoid the typical Honda with fart can response. My top three are:

1. Girls in late model Nissans
2. Guys in Ram 1500s with catbacks
3. Stock BMW 3's (aside from M3)
I'm gonna get me a 4 year old Honda, strip the exhaust, shove a coffee can up there and scare the daylights out of you with the nasty monotone. { might put neon strip lights on the under carriage to further impress you }
Old 11-17-2014, 09:37 PM
JaimeVrod
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My vote goes to Tiburon's with a fart can and diesel pick up trucks.

Quick Reply: Slowest cars that think they're fast...