C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Southern Car Parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 11:05 AM
The Inspector
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Southern Car Parts

Ordered 3 items from SCP on 9/1/14. Called to check on the order on 9/4 and was told 2 of the 3 items had shipped and I should have the UPS tracking number the next day. The 3rd item was a license plate frame and I was told it had been painted but needed to cure for a few days before it could ship. Called this morning (9/11/14) to check on the order. None of the items have shipped yet and I was told the license plate frame had not been painted yet and might ship early next week. 10 days after placing the order and nothing has shipped yet.

Is this "normal" for SCP?
Old 09-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Did you look for a thread about them in the Transactions Feedback forum?

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-feedback-153/
Old 09-11-2014, 01:19 PM
The Inspector
Instructor

Thanks Jim - I searched the forum and did not find anything on SCP. I did not know about the feedback forum. In theory I am supposed to get a phone call from Dave at SCP today with an update. I will continue this thread in the feedback forum if needed. Thanks!
Old 09-11-2014, 01:21 PM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master

Received 1,105 Likes on 706 Posts

Comparing Corvette vendors to almost every other on-line purchasing vendor, I have been disappointed in the service. The parts and accessories that I have ordered have all been top notch quality but the time it takes to get anything shipped is really below the normal standards that we are used to now. Not sure what the deal is but nothing gets shipped the same day or even the next day. It often takes a week or two. By the way, I have not ordered anything that had to be made or painted. All of my purchases have been displayed as in stock items and most have been items that are specifically bumped up on threads on this forum by the vendor.
Just have to deal with it. At least the quality is good once the stuff arrives.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:09 PM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HBsurfer
Comparing Corvette vendors to almost every other on-line purchasing vendor, I have been disappointed in the service. The parts and accessories that I have ordered have all been top notch quality but the time it takes to get anything shipped is really below the normal standards that we are used to now. Not sure what the deal is but nothing gets shipped the same day or even the next day. It often takes a week or two. By the way, I have not ordered anything that had to be made or painted. All of my purchases have been displayed as in stock items and most have been items that are specifically bumped up on threads on this forum by the vendor.
Just have to deal with it. At least the quality is good once the stuff arrives.
Corvettes are not as massively produced as many other enthusiast vehicles. Parts are not as common, and the mark up is higher - it's not something you'd want to risk your valuable warehouse space on for a lot of folks. A lot of stuff is made to order or drop shipped, there simply isn't enough demand to warrant otherwise for most.

should see how easy it is to get mustang parts.. LOL
Old 09-11-2014, 06:24 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

I have had nothing but good things to say about SCP. if your having a problem its not because of them but the party they are getting the stuff from. Just my experience ordering from them.

Clif
Old 09-11-2014, 09:16 PM
Dendk
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty much par for the course, add your comments to the feedback forum.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:49 PM
The Inspector
Instructor

Thanks for the input guys. Lots of good comments. I couldn't agree more - customer service is not what it used to be. If I ran my business this way I would not be driving my C6. I spoke to Dave at SCP early this morning and he told me he would check the status of the parts and call me back with an update today. No call, no email. I fully understand having to rely on other suppliers. You are at their mercy. What I don't understand is the complete lack of updates. A phone call or email to say "Don't know anything, still checking on it" would go a very long way. My credit card was charged the $383.00 the moment I placed the order. I feel I deserve to be kept informed about the status of this order. I will start a new thread in the feedback section. Thanks again for your input.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:27 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

I tried working with them to get custom painted fuel rail covers. They suggested I try another guy instead, which I did. I appreciated their honesty that they weren't interested in doing what I wanted, but the guy they sent me to charged me $400 and didn't even put clear coat on the covers. Now I have chipping paint on them and no recourse. That's my experience with SCP. Take it for what it's worth
Old 09-11-2014, 11:31 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,244 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by The Inspector
Thanks for the input guys. Lots of good comments. I couldn't agree more - customer service is not what it used to be. If I ran my business this way I would not be driving my C6. I spoke to Dave at SCP early this morning and he told me he would check the status of the parts and call me back with an update today. No call, no email. I fully understand having to rely on other suppliers. You are at their mercy. What I don't understand is the complete lack of updates. A phone call or email to say "Don't know anything, still checking on it" would go a very long way. My credit card was charged the $383.00 the moment I placed the order. I feel I deserve to be kept informed about the status of this order. I will start a new thread in the feedback section. Thanks again for your input.
I would cancel the order and if not 100% refunded, dispute the charge.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:49 AM
joec
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by z06clif
I have had nothing but good things to say about SCP. if your having a problem its not because of them but the party they are getting the stuff from. Just my experience ordering from them.

Clif

Totally disagree... If I'm ordering from SCP where they get it from is not my issue.....

/joe
Old 09-12-2014, 07:58 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
I would cancel the order and if not 100% refunded, dispute the charge.
The moment someone is less than truthful with me, regardless of the circumstances, it's over.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:26 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,244 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by 09Z06pj

The moment someone is less than truthful with me, regardless of the circumstances, it's over.

It costs nothing to be truthful and keep in contact. If someone cant do that, bye bye.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:31 AM
The Inspector
Instructor

Never heard back from David. Cancelled the order this morning. Started a new post in the Feedback forum. Thanks for all of your comments!
Old 09-14-2014, 07:22 AM
Spark 2
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Please see my post of 11/13/2013 in the Transaction Feedback Forum.

Sometimes they are a GREAT vendor / sometimes NOT SO GOOD?
Old 09-14-2014, 09:49 AM
Rky Mtn C6
Le Mans Master

Received 868 Likes on 372 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C7 of the Year Finalist -- Modified

Had issues with them before, and I don't use them anymore.

Get notified of new replies

To Southern Car Parts

Quick Reply: Southern Car Parts