C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RPI purchase

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Kenaparker
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default RPI purchase

Has anyone ordered from them lately and received any type of communication? I placed an order two weeks ago and other than the email confirmation I have not heard or seen anything. I have reached out through a posting and a few emails.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this with them

Kp
Old 10-07-2014, 06:42 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,798 Likes on 1,958 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Took just over a month to get what I ordered but I went through another vendor but pieces sourced out of RPI......I stayed after the other vendor and they did ok keeping me up to date......they told me it was going to take a long time......
Old 10-07-2014, 08:16 PM
lilredz51
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kenaparker
Has anyone ordered from them lately and received any type of communication? I placed an order two weeks ago and other than the email confirmation I have not heard or seen anything. I have reached out through a posting and a few emails.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this with them

Kp
I placed an order on 9/29 that I'm still waiting for. They have billed my credit card, but the order status shows "processing". I will send them an email to see where my order stands and let you know.
Jeff
Old 10-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

I waited four weeks when they finally sent me an email saying the item had been back ordered but was being shipped. I got the item 3 weeks later!
Old 10-07-2014, 08:46 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

I ordered side skirts on 9-27-14 and I haven't heard anything. but I did read somewhere that its gonna 3-4 weeks for painted parts.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:03 AM
RPIDON
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

HI everyone, We appreciate the orders and we have been very busy. Unfortunately we do not have an automated computer tracking system that tracks the order through out the complete painting process but we have on the front top left side of of main website page www.rpidesigns.com we have listed our current time for painted parts. Currently we are running about 2-3 weeks on smaller parts and 3-4 weeks on larger painted parts. This is a rough guide so you can plan on when the items should be shipping out. Please remember since it is a painted part custom painted to your color choice things could happen that might slow down production times. Sometime paint has a mind of its own and we want the part to look great. Email is a great way of communication but it is not the most reliable way, sometimes emails do not go through that is why we have two people that operate the phones at 888-257-8515 Grace does order status and tracking information, she is extension 3, she is there Monday - Friday 9-4 eastern time and I am at extension 2 for technical/sales/customer support from 9-5 eastern time. We do get a lot of calls throughout the day so if you get our voice mail please leave us a message with information and we will call you back. Any question just give us a call. Thanks, Don
Old 10-08-2014, 03:25 PM
lilredz51
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lilredz51
I placed an order on 9/29 that I'm still waiting for. They have billed my credit card, but the order status shows "processing". I will send them an email to see where my order stands and let you know.
Jeff
I received an update from RPI that my order will ship by 10/14.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:55 PM
olefam
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered the front stone guards for my 2013 GS in late May. I had ordered the exact same guards through Mid America (I think) last year, but sent them back due to poor fitment on the driver's side. It took over a month, but I finally received the stone guards. (No painting involved)
Again, the driver's side has a 1/4" gap from the body. I finally decided that any kind of stone guards - no matter how poorly they fit - were better than no stone guards on this car. So this time I kept them.
Am I happy? Hardly. Would I buy from RPI again? Not sure. Their prices are good. Their quality isn't.
Glen
Old 10-11-2014, 12:15 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

skirts came in today
good thing they ship them out in good sturdy boxes cause the box was damaged but the skirts look like they weathered the storm. gonna inspect them and possibly install tomorrow since its gonna be a rainy weekend.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,798 Likes on 1,958 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by olefam
I ordered the front stone guards for my 2013 GS in late May. I had ordered the exact same guards through Mid America (I think) last year, but sent them back due to poor fitment on the driver's side. It took over a month, but I finally received the stone guards. (No painting involved)
Again, the driver's side has a 1/4" gap from the body. I finally decided that any kind of stone guards - no matter how poorly they fit - were better than no stone guards on this car. So this time I kept them.
Am I happy? Hardly. Would I buy from RPI again? Not sure. Their prices are good. Their quality isn't.
Glen

Same exact thing happened to me.......passenger side was just right and the drivers side has a 1/4 inch gap. I also put them on and will work on the bad piece this winter....
Old 10-11-2014, 12:36 PM
Philip cable
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have ordered several painted items from them,side skirts,splitter,under hood air brushed parts,recently waterfall for C6 coup.expect 4 to 6 weeks for painted is realistic but happy with quality worth wait.i get anxious too! If you order on line billing happens rite away, if you call Don, order not billed till they ship
Old 10-12-2014, 06:38 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Philip cable
I have ordered several painted items from them,side skirts,splitter,under hood air brushed parts,recently waterfall for C6 coup.expect 4 to 6 weeks for painted is realistic but happy with quality worth wait.i get anxious too! If you order on line billing happens rite away, if you call Don, order not billed till they ship
I am very pleased with the fit, finish and quality of their side skirts. they are much better than some cheaper ones I purchased a month or so ago.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:42 PM
achampagne
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Anyone purchased their pre painted rear quarters ? how is fitment and color match ? Share pics if you can
Old 10-13-2014, 01:00 AM
C4SMAJ
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the ZR1 style splitter from RPI....until little over two weeks ago when local dealer smashed it into something....ordered a replacement from RPI two weeks ago painted gloss black and it came in Thursday...no muss no fuss...always happy with RPI service...(btw dealer is paying for the new splitter).....
Old 10-14-2014, 09:34 AM
keithafd
Advanced

Default Rear wide body

Call and talk to Don Stellhorn he will get you fixed up
Originally Posted by achampagne
Anyone purchased their pre painted rear quarters ? how is fitment and color match ? Share pics if you can
Hi, I just installed mine on my 2010 corvette and the fit and paint was spot on!! I am very picky and hard to please but i would reccommend these to anyone great product!
Attached Images   

Last edited by keithafd; 10-14-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:02 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

If you have reason to call or Email to someone @ RPI make sure you get the name and note the date and time. I got three different answers from them concerning a bad paint job on some fuel rail covers. One phone call gave one solution, Emails gave two different solutions. I evidently talked to three different people since nobody would acknowledge the previous "solution". I ended up keeping the second set of poorly painted fuel rail covers cause I was tired of arguing.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:11 AM
RPIDON
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by keithafd
Call and talk to Don Stellhorn he will get you fixed up Hi, I just installed mine on my 2010 corvette and the fit and paint was spot on!! I am very picky and hard to please but i would reccommend these to anyone great product!
Thanks Keith, The car looks great

Get notified of new replies

To RPI purchase

Old 10-14-2014, 10:36 AM
keithafd
Advanced

Originally Posted by haljensen
If you have reason to call or Email to someone @ RPI make sure you get the name and note the date and time. I got three different answers from them concerning a bad paint job on some fuel rail covers. One phone call gave one solution, Emails gave two different solutions. I evidently talked to three different people since nobody would acknowledge the previous "solution". I ended up keeping the second set of poorly painted fuel rail covers cause I was tired of arguing.
My paint was absolutely perfect no orange peel ,super smooth and paint match perfect
Old 10-14-2014, 11:04 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by keithafd
My paint was absolutely perfect no orange peel ,super smooth and paint match perfect
The paint on my fuel rails is poor quality. The color match is OK but the paint is full of tiny spots like there was sand on them. They look OK from a distance but up close you can see the problems.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:59 PM
DJGold
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 49 Posts

Called NOMS today and was told my car was produced today!!! I don't know what's going on... I called the first week of June and I had a TPW for 7/13. Called mid June and was told TPW 7/27. Called again end of June and was told TPW 10/19!!! I was extremely disappointed as you can imagine. What a surprise to hear my car was produced today 7/13... Forgot to ask for status code

Went 3000 first week of March. 1LT, white, red interior.

Quick Reply: RPI purchase