C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird phone connect issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Hiyuhbusa
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird phone connect issue

I have a peculiar issue just started with my 2010 GS . When the phone connects (iphone5) via blutooth the radio goes silent and in dash display turns off. It thinks a phone call is being made as the phone symbol appears in the Nav display, the in dash display remains blank. It then comes on and off every 10 secs or so. Turning the blutooth off on the phone restores normal behavior. I have tried deleting and re-pairing but no difference. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts what this could be? Thanks in advance!
Old 10-14-2014, 01:51 AM
AngelDeath
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a similar issue, mine would be if I turned on the bluetooth while the car was running, it would go slient and think a call was being made, or if I had the phone's bluetooth on and started the car it would sometimes do it other times not. I unpaired it from the phone, and then deleted it from the list in the car through voice command so I had no phone in memory and re-paired it, hasnt happened yet. When I first got the car in April it worked fine until July, then it went wacky, when I did what I said above, it hasnt happened yet.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:39 PM
Hiyuhbusa
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AngelDeath
I had a similar issue, mine would be if I turned on the bluetooth while the car was running, it would go slient and think a call was being made, or if I had the phone's bluetooth on and started the car it would sometimes do it other times not. I unpaired it from the phone, and then deleted it from the list in the car through voice command so I had no phone in memory and re-paired it, hasnt happened yet. When I first got the car in April it worked fine until July, then it went wacky, when I did what I said above, it hasnt happened yet.
Thanks AngelDeath. As I noted I tried the deletion and re-pairing that you did without success. Guess I'll have to forgo use of the BT facility and put the phone on speaker..
Old 10-15-2014, 02:38 AM
AngelDeath
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you have another phone you can test for the bluetooth? Also I dont know if the 2010 has the 3.5m jack in the center console, but if it does you could use that as a way to use the phone through the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Weird phone connect issue

Quick Reply: Weird phone connect issue