C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* * * * DANGER Fuel Leaks - SAFETY RECALL * * * *

Old 04-02-2019, 07:00 PM
acf5678
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My 09 had 12000. wow I have to drive it more.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:26 PM
kfede1
CF Senior Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Bas gas smell, only 1/4 tank. Reliable Chevrolet not cooperating.

Hello guys. I had the issue occur a week ago. Really bad gas smell. and I only have 1/4 tank in it. I had it at the Reliable Chevrolet in Richardson Texas and they say they did a "smoke test" and everything is fine. They won't do any more unless it catches fire I guess. They did not take the wheel of or actually look under the skin, so I am under the opinion they did nothing useful.

Any suggestions? I did already file a complaint on the site mentioned in several other responses, but that seems to go no where.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:02 AM
Bob Paris
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 161 Times in 98 Posts

[QUOTE=kfede1;1599243088]Hello guys. I had the issue occur a week ago. Really bad gas smell. and I only have 1/4 tank in it. I had it at the Reliable Chevrolet in Richardson Texas and they say they did a "smoke test" and everything is fine. They won't do any more unless it catches fire I guess. They did not take the wheel of or actually look under the skin, so I am under the opinion they did nothing useful.

The fact that you do not have full or nearly-full gas tanks make me think that something else is going on. GM has dealers diagnose with the "smoke test" to indicate a leak and if none was detected then you may not have the covered issue. Shouldn't smell gas so keep on this. Good luck.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:00 AM
roger55
CF Senior Member

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Since this is where the problem occurs, it doesn't matter what the fuel level is. It will leak whenever the engine is running and the fuel pump is maintaining pressure in the line.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: * * * * DANGER Fuel Leaks - SAFETY RECALL * * * *

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: