C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flat Tire Repair

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 05:02 PM
VettManDan
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all of the input folks. Since I use this Vette for trips and such, I decided to go with Michelin Pilot Sport Run Flats. I'll keep a 12V compressor in the back for an emergency as back-up. Just a comfort thing I guess. Trying to find a nail/screw and plug a tire in the rain and dark is the worst scenario I can think of. Might never happen but why chance it? Thanks again.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:44 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by Dank03c5
Thanks for all of the input folks. Since I use this Vette for trips and such, I decided to go with Michelin Pilot Sport Run Flats. I'll keep a 12V compressor in the back for an emergency as back-up. Just a comfort thing I guess. Trying to find a nail/screw and plug a tire in the rain and dark is the worst scenario I can think of. Might never happen but why chance it? Thanks again.
You can never go wrong with what your gut tells you. Michelin makes great tires.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:52 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by Dank03c5
So if you bought run flats why do you need a compressor, if you don't mind me asking? I bought non run flats, I know why i need a compressor. I think i'll go to ebay and find one right now.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:00 PM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by ls1121
So if you bought run flats why do you need a compressor, if you don't mind me asking? I bought non run flats, I know why i need a compressor. I think i'll go to ebay and find one right now.
I have RFs but if I'm in say, Monument Valley or in the middle of Montana and pick up a nail I'd rather plug it than drive on it for miles and miles.....Just might save the tire.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:02 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

My Goodyear F1 G1s are telling me they are tired. I am leaning at the Michelin PSS for our GS.

Already have the fixit stuff from when we had NT05s on our Z.

So we will be joining the non runflat club.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:19 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by 2k Cobra
My Goodyear F1 G1s are telling me they are tired. I am leaning at the Michelin PSS for our GS.

Already have the fixit stuff from when we had NT05s on our Z.

So we will be joining the non runflat club.
I just cannot believe the difference. I took the Michelin run flats off and put on the Michelin SS non run flat and WOW.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:11 AM
dentalfloss
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

I am due for tires this spring and have not decided on what tires yet. So thinking about it I thought it would be a good idea to save one front and one back tire to keep at home. I figure if I get a flat not too far from home I can call my wife or friend to bring one out. Just a thought.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:55 PM
VettManDan
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1121
The compressor takes up no usable storage space and I already have one. It might also be used to extend the miles I can go if a tire begins to lose air if I'm in the middle of nowhere. Just a little extra insurance that's all.

Quick Reply: Flat Tire Repair