C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Did You Do With Your C6 Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 11:00 PM
Batmobile1
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo, Mic, and Backup camera

Only have had the Vette for 2 weeks, first weekend I had to fix a gap between the front facia and the fender. The previous owner already had a Pioneer stereo installed, but no back-up camera, Apple CarPlay, or microphone. They clearly had a professional do it or they themselves were knowledgeable about car electronics and had everything functioning properly including steering wheel controls. I swapped for a newer version with CarPlay so it used the exact same harness, making this plug and play. My time was spent on the back up camera and running wires for the microphone.

For the camera I went with a Natika from Amazon. I liked that it was black matching my car and that the shape looks very OEM for a GM car. I drilled out the rivet that holds the truck lock in place and installed the camera there. This puts it a little off center, but still gives me the view I was looking for and kept the drilling/cutting to a minimum.

For the mic, I used the clip that came with it to clip it to the top of the Driver's side A Pillar. Not the most attractive, but between work and family I spend a lot of time on the phone or using Siri to interact with CarPlay, so Mic quality is very important to me.

I also did not need two 12v plugs, so I capped off and removed the one out of the center console and found a similar shaped USB port on Amazon for $10, that did the trick to give me a USB outlet in the center console so I can plug my phone in there without having any wires exposed.

I have read tons of posts and watched several videos on Stereo and camera installs so I am sure there is nothing new here, but if you have any questions feel free to reach out.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:01 AM
Brad Young
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xvida 3D printer mount

Originally Posted by mikejsmith1985
Not today but what I’ve done since I picked up my c6 last month.
Alpine Ilx-107 install
new rearview camera with 3D printed mount
3d printed adapter for ProClip USA to XVIDA suction cup mount wireless car charger.
3D printed (flexible filament) cup holder base for simplified cleaning.

I have several 3D printers and I’m always looking for functional uses like these.

Magnets hold it securely to the key hole area and because it’s magnetic just pop it off if you should need to use the key to open the trunk for any reason.

hello. Are you willing to make and sell me one of these custom 3D printed mounts? This looks perfect!
Old 04-18-2019, 07:16 AM
mikejsmith1985
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Young
hello. Are you willing to make and sell me one of these custom 3D printed mounts? This looks perfect!
Which mount do you want? I’d be happy to help you out with either mount, but I want to make sure if you’re wanting the phone mount you know that you’ll need the Xvida suction cup mount and a ProClipUSA c6 dash mount. At the time ProClip didn’t offer wireless charging solutions with their mounts but they do today and it may be a better solution which I would consider if doing it again today.
Old 08-10-2022, 09:51 PM
Jailor97
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

Old thread, new pic!

Black bezels look so much better!
Old 08-10-2022, 11:06 PM
Mr. Jean
Safety Car

Received 268 Likes on 175 Posts

I did a fix for the now famous "Stuck in park" problem. My method was to use a Bic pen tube, to hold back the pawl.
Didn't need to drill, cut or wire anything and can return it to stock, by simply removing it later, with no damage to the car.

The pencil is pointing at the Bic pen install around the solenoid rod and tie on it. I cut the pen to size with the pawl pulled back and then sliced the long pen length, to slip it on the rod. I cut off the long tie tail after taking this shot.
Sure nice to have my car back without that worry any longer.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do With Your C6 Today?