C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help -2007 Corvette won't start - No signal to starter

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 10:28 AM
IAmWill
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help -2007 Corvette won't start - No signal to starter

Hi all,

I need a little help with my 2007 Corvette A6. I replaced the transmission. I got new transmission installed and everything back in place. I went to start the car and engine would not turn over. The key FOB opens the doors fine, when I press the start button there is a couple of clicks under the dash but the engine won't start, a few seconds later the dash lights up and all electrical inside the car comes on. I Jumped the starter and the car starts and runs. I hooked a test light to the starter wire and pressed the ignition start and the light does not turn on. Does anyone know why I would not be getting signal/power to the starter?
Old 02-26-2015, 11:05 AM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Is the battery good? Are all four ends of both cables clean and tight?
Old 02-26-2015, 11:37 AM
IAmWill
Cruising

Originally Posted by Bruze
Is the battery good? Are all four ends of both cables clean and tight?
Yes, its an optima yellow top, we recharged battery to full. I have good voltage showing on the instrument cluster on dash too. I looked at all connections for the battery and grounds for all wiring looms.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:14 PM
97Z28M6
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have an automatic transmission, but I've read a lot on the forums about people having issues with the gear lever thinking it wasn't in park and the car not starting because of that.

I would check any sensors that may be used to determine if the transmission is in park/neutral or whatever to allow the car to start.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:00 PM
IAmWill
Cruising

Originally Posted by 97Z28M6
I don't have an automatic transmission, but I've read a lot on the forums about people having issues with the gear lever thinking it wasn't in park and the car not starting because of that.

I would check any sensors that may be used to determine if the transmission is in park/neutral or whatever to allow the car to start.
I think those sensors are ok, because with the car on (engine not running, but power to dash with dash lighted and gauges on) I put it into neutral and powered off the car, the dash then tells me to shift to park and recognizes when I shift to park.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:07 PM
crash37637
Cruising

Originally Posted by IAmWill
I think those sensors are ok, because with the car on (engine not running, but power to dash with dash lighted and gauges on) I put it into neutral and powered off the car, the dash then tells me to shift to park and recognizes when I shift to park.
Did you ever figure it out
Old 12-01-2015, 07:43 AM
CadVette
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

Check the electrical connections at the starter. They have been known to break at the solenoid and give an intermittent connection.

Get notified of new replies

To Help -2007 Corvette won't start - No signal to starter

Quick Reply: Help -2007 Corvette won't start - No signal to starter